SimpleVisibility (Addon) - Sep2021 Update

SimpleVisibility 1.3.0

A small blender addon to keep render-visibility in sync with viewport-visibility. Intended for simpler usecases/workflows where render and viewport visibility shall always be treated the same.

Usage

Visibility sync can be triggered manually via the outliner context menu. Or it can update the sync status automatically directly before render via the autoupdate setting. The setting is permanent across working sessions and can easily be toggled via the outliner context menu. So just activate / deactivate it as needed.

Download

Support

ko-fi

If you like it you can buy me a coffee on kofi. Thanky you!

What’s New

Updated to 1.1.0

• Optional AutoUpdate mechanism added ( activate it in the addon preferences )

Updated to 1.1.1

• Changed Behaviour for Global Viewport Visibility (screen icon). Now always set to visible, not to interfere.

Updated to 1.1.2

• Switching AutoUpdate (permanent setting) is now easier reachable directly from outliner context menu
    • SimpleVisMenu
  • Some UI changes

Updated to 1.2.0

• This version now supports syncing collections and collection hierarchies aswell
  • Syncing now works with multiple Viewlayers
  • Multiple Windows are fully support for manual sync and auto sync modes
  • Multiple Main-Windows are already fully supported for manual sync.

Updated to 1.3.0

• Added support for 2.93ff
  • Fixed correct visibility treatment of multiple collections regardless of active collections
  • Implemented a solution for multi mainwindow / multi viewlayer treatment in automatic mode
  • Some minor bug fixes
  • Renamed AutoUpdate to Autosync
6 Likes

very usefull… thks

2 Likes

Updated to 1.2.0

• This version now supports syncing collections and collection hierarchies aswell
  • Syncing now works with multiple Viewlayers
  • Multiple Windows are fully support for manual sync and auto sync modes
  • Multiple Main-Windows are already fully supported for manual sync
    • With AutoUpdate mode the viewlayer detection might sync to the active viewlayer of another than the current window, but just in case of multiple main windows with multiple viewlayers and different active viewlayers set on each window. In this case you might want to switch to manual sync mode temporarily. Should be ruled out soon.
2 Likes

This is super useful, thanks, but, is there any chance, that you can upgrade this to blender 2.93.3? works in Blender 2.92.0 but not in the latest version of Blender, when trying to use the function, it crashes instantly.

1 Like

Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:I am on vacation so I cant test it right now. But sure, if there is a problem I ll fix it when I m back.

Updated to 1.3.0

• Added support for 2.93ff
  • Fixed correct visibility treatment of multiple collections regardless of active collections
  • Implemented a solution for a complete multi mainwindow / multi viewlayer treatment in automatic mode
  • Some minor bug fixes
  • Renamed AutoUpdate to Autosync

Note:

Removing the old version of the plugin is recommended!!
The addon is from now on located in a a subfolder of the blender addons folder.

Hi everyone,

wanted to make the addons autosync handling all possible cases for quite some time now. So finally I took the time to do so. :grinning: As always, in case of problems please let me know. I hope you like it and if you do please make a small donation via ko-fi (link in first post). I changed the projects structure to make it all a bit more convenient.

So from now on if you download it go to the release section on github and download the zip file there.

releasesection

2 Likes

Many thanks for the quick fix, Debuk, everything works fine now, a magnificent and excellent job with this addon, it must be said. I wish the Blender team would see your tool as a proposal to make it official, as this is indispensable.

Greetings.

2 Likes

Thanks for the nice feedback !! :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes