Simulating deep drawn sheet metal?

Hi guys! I have a form like alot of flowers that I want to form like a bowl. It’s easier to look at this IKEA product to see what I am talking about:

So, I have the flat pattern and I have a bowl. How can I simulate so the pattern “falls down” and forms itself around the bowl. It would be really nice if it can be simulated like real sheet metal.

I tried cloth simulation but it is acting wonky all the time. Any recommended settings?

Do you intend to make an animation out of it ? Else, the shrinkwrap modifier will get you there (+ some solidify if your pattern is flat).

And, since you can “animate everything,” couldn’t you animate the strength of the modifier so that it assumes the shape?

You have made things difficult by not saying whether by ‘falls down’ you mean animation or not. There are lots of ways to model the shape as well as to animate it. The cloth simulation is probably the least effective way. Shrinkwrap and solidify, lattice, transform to sphere, push/pull, warp, proportional editing etc all will do this as long as you set it up right. For such a shallow draw shapekey animation will animate any one of these methods.

“Shrinkwrap and solidify, lattice, transform to sphere, push/pull, warp, proportional editing etc all will do this as long as you set it up right” -
not if the shape is done using boolean operation or consists of ngons.

How does your “flat pattern” mesh looks like?