Simulating erosion in Blender

This erosion functionality is now part of the new version of A.N.T. landscape generator that comes bundled with the upcoming 2.79 so that might be the simplest solution :slight_smile: (2.79 will be available in a couple of weeks but the 2nd release candidate is already available from the site)

A second option is to run Blender from the console (cmd in windows) and see if there is an error on the console. Not all errors are always visible in the user interface)

– Michel.

And I JUST made a new terrain for my game…I discovered this too late…lol, I may go back and re-do my world editing :)…I’m extremely hyped about using errosion with ANT.

Using A.N.T (Blender 2.79b) I can’t seem to find a way to apply erosion to a custom mesh, the option just isn’t there. Seems like it is only applicable to a landscape. Is there any way to bypass this limitation? Creating a basic shape and eroding it would have been really useful and time-saving than going with the noises to get the general required shape instead.

1 Like

I think the method used won’t work on any mesh other than a grid. I have in the past shrink wrapped an a.n.t terrain onto an imported terrain mesh and then eroded it. but any other modification of the mesh (subdividing etc) will stop it working.

1 Like

Agree with you i would like to have an erosion capabilities on objects this would save me hours of sculpting and detailing.

+1

Thank guy’s for making this since i was almost going to buy world machine professional edition at 300$ but i stumble on this thread while Googling for erosion addon for Blender.

I wont need wm since i played a lot with it tonight and if you know how to tweak it right you can almost as good looking terrain as in wm.