Sinektronaut: The maggot invasion in space

Officer Ray got kicked out of the ISS due to chain of unfortunate events. The ISS crew got orders to kick him out and left him dying in space far away the station after they realized that Ray had contacts with flies. It was decided that he was a big threat to the International Space Station and there was no way to properly handle the current situation without endangering the other space crew on the station.

The scientist on the ground speculated that these conditions led to his demise

• The food he consumed was contaminated.
  • His gut was malfunctioning.
  • His space suit had unexpected insect visitors.
  • His bleeding facial rash made things worse with the infection.

However, it is still a mystery how the fly population got into the space suit. And the speed of maggot population on his face was total shock to the space crew.

Edit:

I only used the Cycles-X builds since I wanted to test the new Cycles workflow. I also used Geometry Nodes for the maggot and the fly population.

69 Likes

OMFG!

Can you imagine even just having ONE SINGLE FLY in your space-suit helmet? Being unable to swat it!

That would drive anybody just, totally mental :grimacing:

Flies, are filthy creatures too - I loathe them.

3 Likes

Interestingly, I remember hearing or reading somewhere that maggots ONLY eat dead flesh - I think that’s why they use them on infected wounds, because they’ll only chow-down on tissue that’s already dead.

“l. The only maggots cleared for marketing in the United States are larvae of [Calliphorid]” Wikipedia

1 Like

So at the very least, we can relax knowing that if maggots ever got in us somewhere, they wouldn’t just keep chewing out insides away.

That makes them seem a lot less scary.

2 Likes

You just killed a good movie trope.

2 Likes

This fried rice I’m eating isn’t nearly as good as it was 5 seconds ago…

4 Likes

I know I know!

'shamed of myself, truly I am :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Damn
that’s talent right here

1 Like

But, they can choke you or you be die from fear… or something like that. Not to mention that someone probably will open helmet to scratch nose
btw… I Hate this artwork :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Also, if any got out and you were walking on the ISS hard metal floor, you could step on a layer of the squishy sons of b$#%hes, slip, fall, break your neck and die instantly - without even knowing what it was you slipped on!

Dirty little bastards.

1 Like

Perfect skincare :laughing:
Love it!

2 Likes

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Great idea and execution.

1 Like

Thanks, now everyone will see that Blender has the best maggot simulator.

2 Likes

I am absolutely disgusted. 10/10!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

I am just trying to tip the balance towards anti-cute stuff.

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

awesome work… insane detailed!

1 Like

Would have love to see the wire frame.

1 Like