Sinektronaut: The maggot invasion in space

I added it to my post.

Great way to showcase the latest tech with a beautiful render using Cycles-X and Geometry Nodes!

1 Like

You might try making the background more out-of-focus either by using higher DOF or making it darker (I suppose the astronaut might even be lower value, but that is probably not what you want). You might think of the light sources from the Sun, the Moon, and the Earth (But of course lighting is to make a good render and light the model, not just what is realistic.)

i like your idea. well done

1 Like

That is a possibility, but I intentionally did not do that because it just kills the picture, I definitely did not want it to look like this was taken with a macro lens either. You can see that Earth pictures with ISS or astronauts in the front do not even have the amount of blur I used. Everything tends to have super sharpness and most people are used to seeing space images with such clear focus which is what makes them look like they are in space and the scales are correct. Using some blurring for the background was my compromise for the story aspect.

Good call with that then - to have a little blur for the story aspect. Being into 3D, I really like seeing #2, the one highlighting the depth of the model’s topology.

1 Like

I’m sure that guy is from Hollywood, everything they render has some sort of blur accompanied with a lot fog.

1 Like

Wow, impressive (and revolting, haha :wink:) !

1 Like

wow! amazing work

2 Likes

Thanks, I am just trying to warn about the other types of dangers in space.

1 Like