Sketch Based Modeling in Blender

Does anyone know about blender having sketch based modeling script or anything right now? I know there’s array and surface sketching for blender but I mean like for drawing out whole shapes something like t.e.d.d.y. or ShapeShop 3D. I thought I would ask about this because I find it pretty interesting that you can draw out shapes and they’d go in 3D.

While it is technically possible it’s not exactly user friendly. You can use the grease pencil to draw out a shape, convert the grease pencil to a curve and then convert the curve to a mesh and extrude it to give depth.

tbh with the exception of array sketching I don’t think you’re going to get much better than that for blender. This method of modeling seems quite limited. It would be possible to write a script that creates metaballs along a drawn line emulating ShapeShop quite well I assume but I would have no idea where to begin.

Look for tutorial on Retopo. With it you can draw lines in 2D and transform it in to 3D mesh.

Retopo was taken out with 2.5

It’s now a snapping option on the bar of the 3D view. You choose Snap to face, then activate the control next to it (project) and you have the old retopo. But I don’t think this is the thing you’re looking for.

Surface Sketching?

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=183863

Not exactly the same. You cant [Ctrl]+[Left Click] geometry out along a surface any more. It only applies the snapping when extruding or moving geometry, now when creating it. (This is something that annoys me to no end and I hope that some day blender implements snapping for creating geometry)