SKETCH STYLE addon

Hi Mike,

SKETCH STYLE uses Freestyle for line drawing. It has a number of other benefits, including the ability to designate something NOT to be rendered in SKETCH STYLE (windows, photoreal features, etc…), as well a very quick to setup, toggle back and forth between realism and Freestyle, and saving Freestyle presets.

You could try using the Boolean Union modifier to create your intersecting object lines. I’m not sure what the story on LANPR is-- I know they’ve been trying to get as part of Blender, but so far I haven’t heard anything either.

Best of luck!

Thanks Chipp, I’ll investigate ways to get around my issue and circle back to Sketch Style when I have a plan to address it. Appreciate your follow-up.

Isn’t there any way for AO/dirt to be used to resolve where objects intersect and draw a thin line along the center of where ao shadow or dirt would be?.. Just a thot…

Chipp what versions of blender does sketchstyle work with and is there a render similar to clay style in 3ds max? I have not installed it since I bought it. Hope to do so soon, once I figure out what versions it works with. Thanks

It should work with every version past 2.8. you can render with just an AO shader. If you colorize the AO material it can look like clay.

Do you have a picture and a file you want to try?

Chipp I did what you said and it worked fine. Thanks for your quick reply.

Hi, Chipp

I’m looking for a way to outline models while retaining the original material. Can you do this with Sketch Style?

Thanks
Dave

Yes you can. That is the purpose of the override function.

Hello Chipp,
Can Sketch Style identify and draw the intersection line between intersecting objects?
(This is something that Freestyle cannot do. Example: “sink” a cube partially inside another cube and Freestyle cannot identify their intersection, for the the line to exist you must place the second cube on the surface of the other)

No it cannot as it uses freestyle to do the rendering. You can use boolean unions to help define those intersections.

:+1:
… since it does use Freestyle maybe you know of this problem ? Does it happen with Sketch Style too? Or is it wrong usage on my part rather than a Freestyle error?

I said previously SKETCH STYLE does not render intersections, but perhaps you meant SketchUp? Intersections don’t show there either.

It’s not a freestyle error as there’s no edge to render there. As I said, if you Boolean union the two intersecting objects, you will have a line for SKETCH STYLE and Freestyle to render.

Chipp, you never replied to my Jan 15 post where I asked if you can use ao/dirt data somehow in background to resolve intersections…

Welder is able to place welds along intersections…

I suppose it might be possible, but the line weight wouldn’t be consistent.

Just in case you’re interested, SKETCH STYLE 2.0 now has thumbnails which help you to select the preset you want. There are also some speed enhancements. Check it out now at

or
1 Like

Chip,
I’m not clear on the policy if we already bought the first version of Sketch Style, and want this upgrade. Please clear up, thank you.

It’s a free update. Just go to where you purchased it and download the 2.0 version!

Hi Chip,
Thank you. I installed Sketch Style 2.0. Renders well; however there is no ‘Load’ button under ‘Sketch Style Utilities’. (Blender 2.82a, Mojave 10.14.6).

1 Like

You mean this one?

Try quitting and restarting Blender. If that doesn’t work try:

Really nice update…

1 Like