ski or snowboard?

i reallized that there was no topic like this and i am just intrested to see.

for me it is snowboard

Snowboard all da way!!!

I never tried snowboarding so I can’t tell you which is best :smiley: But I’m a pretty good skier and not much into skateboarding and jumps and those fancy tricks which take hours and a lot of bruises to master. I’ll stick to skying difficult slopes (i love the diamondbacks in the trees in Colorado :D. Those are just plain awesome!)

I never skied, but I like the feel of unity with your board, instead of seperation with skies.

Hehehe, I’m not sure I’m at liberty to say, with my knowledge of the sports!
However, after two sessions of dry-slope skiing and two sessions of dry-slope snowboarding, but I have to say I enjoyed snowboarding the more. As @ce says, you don’t have to deal with either doing the splits or getting one ski on top of the other!
Plus you look much cooler! :smiley:

Cooler? Yea I agree! BECAUSE YOU SPEND HALF THE TIME WITH EITHER YOUR HEAD OR BUTT IN THE SNOW THATS WHY.

Snowboards do pose a serious mobility problem.

*They cant stop and stand parrallel midway down a slope to take a break for a few seconds to wait for friends etc. They have to get parralel (like skies) but the have to sit down otherwise they will most likely fall down anyway.

*When you find yourself in a flat slow area. With skies well you can do the rollerstyle movement to get yourself moving or use your sticks (or both) A snowboarder will either try a skateboarding method (buts its though because your foot is perpendicular to the direction and so you find yourself twisting your foot and wobbling like an idiot for ridiculous speed) or take his board of and walk (which kinda defeats the purpose of sliding sports)
Same think for skylifts, they have to unhook one of their feet to move in the tight spaces.

With skies, you dont need to take them off or sit down unless you want to. You have an advantage in flat areas.

I also believe you go faster with skies and have more control in tight spaces.

skis are better because i use them.

im not interested in going off jumps and trying to do some stupid trick then landing on my head. im interested in seeing how fast i can get down blacks without falling.

:smiley:

[quote=“Slèpnyrl”]

Cooler? Yea I agree! BECAUSE YOU SPEND HALF THE TIME WITH EITHER YOUR HEAD OR BUTT IN THE SNOW THATS WHY.

Snowboards do pose a serious mobility problem.

*They cant stop and stand parrallel midway down a slope to take a break for a few seconds to wait for friends etc. They have to get parralel (like skies) but the have to sit down otherwise they will most likely fall down anyway.

*When you find yourself in a flat slow area. With skies well you can do the rollerstyle movement to get yourself moving or use your sticks (or both) A snowboarder will either try a skateboarding method (buts its though because your foot is perpendicular to the direction and so you find yourself twisting your foot and wobbling like an idiot for ridiculous speed) or take his board of and walk (which kinda defeats the purpose of sliding sports)
Same think for skylifts, they have to unhook one of their feet to move in the tight spaces.

With skies, you dont need to take them off or sit down unless you want to. You have an advantage in flat areas.

I also believe you go faster with skies and have more control in tight spaces.[/quote]

i don’t agree with what you say because with my about 7 years of snowboard and about 7 years of ski out of my 16 years of life.

first you might be right for most of them for a beginer but when you get experianced you can get as much control as a skier even more who knows!!!

also saying that skiers can go faster than snowboarders it is wrong but don’t wory you are not the only one. nearly every skier say that.

also for slow places i don’t see many skiers pushing with there polls. and if you are smart you will not try to do the slops that have flat places.

and i am telling you (a least for me) it dosn’t bother me to take to back part of a fixation witch take 10 second to get much better sensation than ski.

you can go fast with a swnoboard too and you don’t have to fall on a black slop neather

well anyway this is just my opinion :smiley:

i am surprised by the survey because in switzerland there is less and less snowboarders at least where i usually snowboard.

I think that the snowboard fantic’s is becoming a bit overkill, I see 7 years old children go snowboarding good! I think that Ski’s is a bit more difficult to master if you’re going for trick-ski’ing (That’s what I’m doing) so I say:

TWIN-TIP SKIES FOR EVERYBODY :wink:

Oh those are wicked :smiley: especially the short twin tips. I never tried them but it seems it like putting on snow roller blades and going bananas on a massive one way ramp

IMO snowbaording is an awsome sport, I’ve recently been having snowboarding lessons, going again this sunday. Hopfully it’ll be the last lesson.

Problem with the UK is that theres like no snow, dry-ski slopes suck but better than nothing i guess.

With skies, you dont need to take them off or sit down unless you want to. You have an advantage in flat areas…
but then again who really wants to ski or board on flat land ^^

I snowboarded once and spent over 80% of the trip on my butt.

I was totally pissed off.

I snowboard. In a way, I feel somewhat as a part of the conformity to a generation which was originally a new wave. Now it seems as though skiing is the “non-conformist” thing to do. However, I’ve tried both, and snowboarding turned out to be more challenging and fun for me. Hopefully, that was the reason for choosing snowboarding, instead of mainstream influence.

I used to ski a long time ago, then I tried snowboarding and didn’t like it too much so I switched to snowblades. Bad idea. I went kinda nuts on those and tried something I shouldn’t have, thereby breaking my leg. Haven’t done any snowsports since then, which was 7 years ago :-|. I was planning to get back to skiing again this year, but the weather up here in Alberta is too nice; there’s no snow, actually. I’ll probably go back to it next year though. I’ll use my “prosperity cheque” %|.

Yeah, Klein is really going all out this year, isn’t he %|.

I bought my first snowboard in 1994, when I was just a wee elementary school kid up here in Edmonton Alberta Canada. Snowboarded pretty consistently up until about 1998/1999, then stopped.

If I ever have money again (i.e. when I cease being a professional student) I’ll probably start boarding again (assuming it actually snows up here O_o).

Haven’t tried Skiing (apart from playing Horace goes Skiing way back on the zx spectrum).

Haven’t tried snowboarding either.

But this looks fun: Snow Mountain biking!

http://www.skibraemar.com/images/bike_1.jpg :smiley:

PS. Horace Goes Skiing:

http://www.zxscreens.i12.com/zxscreens/horace_goes_skiing_screen3.gif

Sled.

by sled do you mean snowmobile?

i ski always have. i tried snowboarding once at a small hill and i hit a jump i didnt see flipped onto my head and spun around. so i ski.

i do think most skiiers can go faster than snowboarders, i beat my friends down the hill.
one time i was going straight down a hill (really steep where we live like 70+ degrees) and one of my friends was below me on the side. well he darted out to avoid a kid and i hit him, full speed i flew down the rest of the hill. wasnt hurt to bad tho

I have been snowboarding for the last 3 days. After I finish posting this I am going to bed. Much fun.

i snowboard

im pissed off at all the poser dumbasses who snowboard just because its mainstream and makes u look kool

i only started because i liked the feeling of sliding down a hill on one blade rather than two separate ones

i also hate it when people think skiing is dumb. in fact the other day my friend was going skiing and on the ride up a stranger sitting next to him on the lift called skiing “gay”

disrespectfull jerk :x