Skinless Foot Modeling mainly done 3/15/06 pg 2

The material of the muscles has to be reworked. It looks way too regular. Also I would increase the specular value to make it more shiny and lively.

Maybe you could get some inspiration from the materials in the “2 procedureal textures”-Thread in this forum… (I hope he is posting the .blend soon!)

I don’t think they would be too useful for a muscle. I’m not that worried about the textures and materials right now, I can add several layers of both a little later for irregularity. I’m more concerned with finishing the forms. This will be 3d printed into a resin sculpture.

About the modelling: The tendons are way too thick. Almost the Size of a normal toe. You have to make them much smaller. They look loke huge cables right now!

Also It would add to the realism, if you would pose the tendons as if there was skin present und not as if it was really skinless…
So, force them to be closer to the bones.

Here’s an update that adresses that. I will be turning this in for a grade today. Although I may be able to work on it more.

What is the yellow egg-ish thing supposed to be?

The material of the bones looks not right. It seems ok for most of the parts but especially for the heel it looks way too grainy!

I wouldn’t use colorful illumination as that disturbs the color of the materials. Also I would consider using a white background so that everything doesn’t look so scary…

Incerase the bump of the muscles a little bit more and definitely render at a higher resolution (and then scale down if you have to) to get rid of the aweful moiré! I would also use some voronoi-crackle-map to introduce a little more variance to the color of the muskles and maybe even bump. But don’t overdo it. Just a hint more is needed…

The egg shaped is a fat pad. I really don’t think the materials can be done nicely without UV mapping. I would like to take this into zbrush eventually. but blender doesn’t seem to be able to render out displacement or normal maps nicely. I will make the lighting sublter but I still want colored lights. I want a dark background nonetheless.