Skinning issue with rigify

Hello ,
I facing a weird problem with rigify setup during skinning from long long time. I have hard time to understand its work flow.
Please have a look at attached video.
avc_skinningIssue|video

For the first part. My question is i just skinned all vertex with the same bone but all shows different movement while moving bone.
For second part. My question is even its attached to another bone with 100% weight but it is still moving with another bone. “This mesh don’t have subdivide modifier either”

Please let me know if you have any idea. Thanks for your time :slight_smile:
Looking forward!

Are you getting the vertex weights here (n panel)?

n-panel

yeh its already visible in vertex. Please check video

OK, I hope I can help, so you say in the video there is no other modifier?

Yes sir, there is no modifier, originally mesh do have subdivision modifier but than i removed it .

Well, often people recommend that someone eliminates anything unnecessary from the file and upload it to see whats wrong, I could look at it but I have to admit its a mystery so far.

:smiley: yeh i am struggling with same kind of issue from long time. Let me know if you want to look into blend. i will upload .

This is the Rigify spine, isn’t it?
The Spine bones have bendy bones so even when you apply full weight to vertices they may appear “soft”. There is no way to turn off bendy bones in the spine from the Metarig so you have to do it after generation.
Go to layer 29, select each spine bone, and set its bendy bone segments to 1.
Let me know how it goes.

1 Like

Oh wow that make sense, Thanks you very much. I will check and let you know :slight_smile:

yes .!!! skin weight is working as expected without bendy bones. Thanks very much. It give me more clarity about “rigify”

You are best #todor

1 Like

Awesome, glad it worked. I had this problem myself.

1 Like