Skuax HideOut (downloads included)

Last post (see bottom page for more info on current image)
If you like my uploads, dont hesitate to drop a line here to make this place alive and findable for the others. Thx

A WAY TO IMPROVE YOUR CAMERA’S MOVEMENT

Blender_Crane

Hello dear Blender’s Users.
As a 3d Artist since about 25 years and blender User since about 11 years (i don’t remember exactly), I ve finally decided to start packing stuffs as i feel that the research or project are finished in a single place. here
It’ll be very different regarding what i m studying . But i hope it’ll be useful for you…
I ll try to respect the file size’s limitation here in any case. If it’s to heavy, of course, i ll find a solution as everyone here do.
as an old 3d guy. I often play with every kind of category( modeling/animation/shading/scripting…etc)

skuax

License:
################################################################################

VERY IMPORTANT LICENSE INFORMATION:

Those blend Files has been released under
Creative Commons Zero (Public Domain)

This means that you can use it for any purpose you see fit, even commercially,
as long as you respect these requirements:

--There are no requirements for CC-0 licensed blends.

################################################################################

26 Likes

The first file Is about crosshatch rendering in real-time.
I have previously done it for 2.79 and told that i ll explain or share the file on Blendernation (shame on me, i didn’t do it. you can blame me…sorry for that).

So i repair now this mistake with an updated version made for 2.81
crosshatches_shader1.blend (2.0 MB)

It’s UV based with two direction textures with Alpha. Seamless.
drawn in the blender image editor.
i didn’t use a procedural one, but it should be another study.
feel free to replace those two image with those you have done.

If someone need the 2.79 version i ll upload it for you.

Hope it ll be useful for someone.

see you with the next file

ps: re-edited the file to include crosshatch occlusion and tweak lightning

16 Likes

The Art of Re-targeting or The Super Powers that sucks

Ventouse_Man

As i’ m working a lot with motion capture till a long time, working for triple A games or commercials movies, i was disappointed that Blender did not handle re-targeting very well. Motion Capture Tools’ addon was a good attempt but not supervised by Post animation users. the approach is too constrained by the old BVH file format. And the fact that we cannot only import the animation in an existing scene’s character directly from the mocap format is not pipe-line friendly.
There is a lot to talk about that subject.
I’ have written a script (with my poor coding skills) to create an Artnet server long time ago and release it here few years ago for the game engine. I have ported it for blender 2.8 viewport for others projects.
the idea for the mocap pipeline ll be for me, to drive Empty’structure (like in the joined file) by network from any kind of python friendly’s software (Mobu/Blade/Vicontools…etc)transporting few floats or vector to feed them.
In this file there is only a bunch of bones, drives by an fbx Raw quality set of markers (it’s one of the multiple manners we use before retargetting and post animating in MotionBuilder. No network stuffs at the moment.
It could be more perfect, but it’s a rough study on how to post animate without hegemonic’s software.

Proto_Man_Skin_02_Retargeting.blend.zip (598.3 KB) blender 2.81 Beta

The Character is not intended to be nice but dis proportioned to test the re-targeting.
i have created it really quickly from skin modifier.
With some driver’s tricks to avoid collapsing meshes on elbows.
Hands were post animated by me because there was no mocap on the file.
I have tried to Make the file presentation a little bit attractive with shading and lightning for trapping guys who hate reading technical stuffs.

Tentacle mutation is really a “superpower” that sucks!

Skuax

7 Likes

Procedural Volumetric Firecamp

Volume_FireCamp_eevee

Today’s file is about volumetric fire and procedural stuffs.
I have tried to do a fire with the combination of 3 flames and a “ground” flame surface with volumetric shader. It’s not intended to be realistic one.
As you can notice, the volumetric stuffs on the base ground’s flame are screen dependent. i don’t want to spend more time on doing it better.
The branches are also procedural with voronoï textures and ramps and emission. The textures coordinates are in object, so, if you want to reduce the burned parts, just move the mesh in edit mode on the local z axis.
Hope you ll find it useful.
hope you 'll do something better with it.
Volume_Fire_eevee.blend (1.5 MB)

Updated with shaky shadows

These are all just GREAT!!! Thank-you so much!
I worked on a cross-hatch shader awhile back… you have achieved it…I only got about half way…I will study your nodes, Carefully!! Thank-You again !!..

Ps… any plans on making some tutorials?

I’ll try one day, perhaps. But it’s quite a job to wright or video edit tutorials. I’m so buisy with all the Jobs i’m doing . Including teaching blender. And a family etc…etc… sometime I dream about the free time I had when I was twenty…
I can not promise, but I’ll try.

1 Like

You ll find a lot exploring thoses files I hope.

1 Like

Procedural Old SciFi animated Light Pannel

Discovered while playing with node, this animated square effect can be used for star ship or all sort of old school cockpits.

Old_SciFi_Pannel_opti

old_scifi_led_pannel.blend (1.2 MB)

Also included a screw shader to avoid large amout of polys in such a little switch.

1 Like

Can’t wait to see the other things you got in stock !

1 Like

Don’t hesitate to pass it to the students ju!
:wink:

Procedural Eye-Ball Shader Based On UV

EyeBallSoup_Opti

As i promised to myself and some people. Here is my not so simple EyeBall Shader for Eevee (didn’t try for Cycle). This time, i’ve also included Text info and CC0 licence text inside the Blend file.

The Gif File is for advertising purpose only. (as i was making it, someone publish a soupe with eyes here… funny isn’t it)
The Blend contain Only One Eyes mesh composed of two materials and a plane to preview the texture.
Feel free to play around and get it better if you want (please notify me if you find a better optimisation or super cool stuffs to add on this shader).
Dont forget to come back sometime to find more stuffs on skuax hideout.

!

now available on Gumroad

7 Likes

COMMING SOON!

A brand new UV curve based procedural welding shader.
few polys for a good result… Keep connected
welding_curveumat_node_Optimized

and also, if you have noticed a silicon joint shader on uv curves

7 Likes

This is REALLY cool skuax! I also work with SolidWorks doing mechanical design, and being able to bring in a file from SolidWorks and add real weld lines would be insanely awesome! This looks SO GOOD, you have done an excellent job! In the past, with lesser 3D apps, I used metaballs (hand placed) to achieve this look! Here is an image from 2003 where I really could have used this bead weld you achieved! GREAT work you have done!

Welding_CurveOptimize

The “How To” video intro is done!

Edit: the file is online… WELDING CURVE free shader node's group

5 Likes

Damn! That’s a very cool intro animation! I dig the glowing red that lasts just for a second, nice detail skuax!

1 Like

That is so nifty !! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks @Punker3D. I had also the project to remove the welding crust by particle system first, but 4 hours of work is enough for a so little ant.
Thanks @nonamejuju (see you soon)

Roll Tutorial?

Before spending time capturing Screen videos and typing stuffs… Would you like to have a Video tutorial on this kind of animation? Including anim/shading/little bit of driver?
Please, vote if you are interested or not.
Thx

Duct_Roll_Opti

3 Likes

Perhaps I ll make a tutorial for one person? Or share my display with him?

Good work… :grinning: