skull

this is just a fast sculpted skull I did today, about 1 hour of work, to practice anatomy a little. Sculpted in zbrush,fast render with aao in blender.

http://plant.ffa.vutbr.cz/%7Enovak/dwnflz/lebecka.jpg

Very good, how much is zbrush?

$595 :slight_smile:
just bein silly.

Looks like a good model. Theres only one major thing wrong with it, the cheekbones, they seem a bit sagged down, exaggerated a little to much.

Also the blue background is pretty cliche for a blender render, and the lighting could be a bit better.

But still, youve put some good attention and detail into the skull!

It’s the default zbrush sphere so the whole thing was sculpted in zbrush and then just imported for render, and sry the render was really just a quick one. I’m thinking about using the skull in a bigger project I’m working on, but cannot show yet anything from it…

beautiful skull~~

a serious question
dose blender can do that??

yes it can. There are sculpting tools available and together with usage of multiresolution editing you can do things like that.

from me the answer is a little else:
blender can do that, but with a good enough hardware.
I have to say My hardware is rather slow(pentium m 2.2ghz & radeon x800, 2gb ram), but not bad at all.
So I coudn’t sculpt this in blender(cca 600000 polys)although I’d love to. Of course, if it would be topologically correct(this is really just a sphere), you could do much better resolution also in blender.
In blender, I can get up to 250 000 with reasonable sculpting speed, and my limit is the performance, while in zbrush, I stop at about 5milions polygons(still at much better speed than in blender), and the limit is memory, not performance…

I understand… I have never used Zbrush before :slight_smile:

a litte hint for pushing your limits in blender tough: don’t start with a sphere. If you keep subdividing that, the resolution will increase constantly over the whole object. But there are spots where you don’t really need a high resolution, like the top and back of the head.
Instead, model a very very rough skull where you built a tighter mesh at places where you need high detail later on (teeth, bulges, nose) and bigger faces at the top/ back of the head. This way you can use your maximum face count much more efficiently!