Skyfall

Raw :

its amazing how well the Denoise Node works, although i always add a little bit of the original noisy image back on top, i like the look…

more BTS:

Hope you enjoy!

~ Instagram ~ Artstation ~

94 Likes

That is some beautiful composition! Excellent work!

1 Like

amazing wok indeed. is this rendered in eevee or cycles ?

1 Like

Thanks you guys, glad you like it! It was rendered in cycles, since eevee doesn’t support displacement with adaptive subdivision (yet?)…

Really awesome!

1 Like

Great color scheme, love it.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation. Stay safe, and have a great week!

1 Like

Thanks guys, also thank you Bart. Enjoy the holidays and take care!

1 Like

Really liking this, the final image has an almost painted look.

Interesting to see the viewport renders showing how the scene is constructed, not the way I usually work at all. Just for curiosity are the displacement maps for the terrain internally generated or imported form elsewhere?

1 Like

Glad you like it. The painted look comes is achieved with the denoise node, it gives interesting results when used on a very noisy image.

You can grab the displacement maps on the website of @Mantissa: https://mantissa.xyz/resources.php
He has different ones and made them modular so you can get realy creative with them (he even provides a very informative tutorial). Be sure to check him out on Youtube, he does super enjoyable tutorials and has a unique workflow! I used the maps here aswell.

2 Likes

Thanks for the link, he has some nice freebies on his site.

1 Like

Ok. Nice work i think. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Awesome work. :+1: :wink:

1 Like

Thanks! Means a lot to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

this is amazing!

1 Like

Great work, congrats.

1 Like

Looking at the first image, I thought the planet was going to be far off in the distance. Was surprised to see it right next to the ground plane. Very clever, very well done!

1 Like

Great work! Keep it up… :laughing:

1 Like

Great. Remind me sci-fi novel from “golden age”

1 Like