Skyport

Something I’m currently working on. Hope to add a foreground with a character and more detail plus refining.

Attachments

Great! Wanna see this after tweaking!

I love that! I have little idea of what I’m looking at, but I love it nonetheless.
How did you do the clouds? A background image, or did you use the Cloud Gen? I tried using Cloud Gen in my most recent skydiving short, but I had 4 or them that were supposed to fall past the cam rapidly, and it was taking FOREVER to get a single frame rendered. So I deleted the three closest to cam. Which helped just a little…
If it’s cloud gen, would love to know a little about this setup.
Anyway, gorgeous shot. Very imaginative, very “paintish” and it has that look of the classic 70’s sci-fi art.
Greatness. Can’t wait to see more!

Thanks for the comments :slight_smile:

>AdamEtheredge
The clouds are simple objects subdivided seven times and displaced by three cloud textures of different scale. You just have to get the sizes of the different cloud textures and the strength of the displacement modifiers right, the rest is in the material.
But I have to admit, my clouds don’t look that spectacular compared to some cumulus cloud images. They seem to have a lot in common with popcorn.

Attachments

Ah, I just love your images. The sense of scale and composition is so breathtaking.

I will follow this one closely.

Nah, nah, I like them a lot. Very dramatic, perfect for flying one of those little airskiffs around. I think you did it cool, and they add a lot to the shot. If you had used Cloud Gen it wouldn’t have been better, and it might still be rendering…
And who doesn’t like homemade clouds?!
Great job.

Looks great so far, I love the shading work on the cloud.

Though I can’t help but notice that the right side of the image looks well…, empty. It looks to me like it needs a little something to add some visual weight like some smaller clouds.

really nice job, reminds me of something I would see in Omini magazine.

O_M_G/A/B/V/Z/Not Applicable/

Reminds me of some concept art for games and stuff

It’s a shame you didn’t finish in time for the 2.60 splash contest.

And don’t change anything, it’s perfect. Well, maybe the camera angle…

Exactly my thought.

And as OL said, I think this would have been PERFECT for the new 2.6 splash. I keep thinking of this popping up everytime you open Blender and it gives me goosebumps. Can’t think of anything that would inspire people more.

I still can’t believe that this was made in Blender! Could we see the wireframes?

You guys…

>loramel
Following your’s as well :slight_smile:

>AdamEtheredge
I certainly like homemade clouds. They are always so fluffy and fresh in taste.

>Ace Dragon
Not sure yet what it will be but I intend to add stuff on the right side.

>BlEnDeR fan
Anything specific you want to see a wireframe of? I’m way too lazy to do it for everything :stuck_out_tongue:

floating mushroom

Attachments

Cool design. Reminds me vaguely of one of my own projects.

What bothers me a bit though, is the specular highlight. It feels like there is a strong artificial light coming right from behind the camera and this just doesn’t fit for me …

I also do not see thee type of highlights in your prior image.

But maybe you have something special in mind :slight_smile:

>loramel
Yepp, you’re right the highlight wasn’t working. Na, got nothing special in my mind :smiley:

Spacestation-eating clouds.

Attachments

some progress

Attachments

You should submit this to the Blenderguru competition.

This is a really nice piece of work and way out of my league but I have to say I think your starting to go overkill on it. The original image is fantastic and I can see why people would want to balance out the right a bit. The mushroom stations do work well with it but if it were my choice I would remove the station from the foreground and just raise the other two up a small bit,just enough to draw the eyes over when finished looking at the station but not enough to distract from it.The flying Logitech mouse has to go mate,I keep looking for the middle click button on it:p Like I said,great piece of work and a fantastic concept, hope you don’t mind me throwing my tuppence worth in.

The mushroom city looks good and it appears we have a good sense of height now.

The new craft currently looks like a floating computer mouse, I’m not sure if this was intentional or not.

I think the scene was better without the flying mouse-craft, to me it crowds the scene.