Slide two edge loops away from each other

Hi every one
Good day to you
i would like to ask when using loop cut and slide when there is more than one segment how to slide them away from each other without using scale at specific axis it doesn’t always work
is there any way i don’t know of or we need a new option for this to work ?
Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Nope, you’d need to set them first and move them manually. For an edge slide to work, it needs a fixed point of reference, if all the edges are sliding at the same time, that becomes problematic.
Why specifically would you want to slide them away from each other? If it is to position them closer to one end of say a cylinder. In that instance, I’d make one cut, move it toward where I wanted, then make a secondary loop cut there with the required edges.

1 Like

There is such a tool in other software. It can be practical, when doing lots of edge sliding - thankfully when have ‘repeat last’ (shift+r) in Blender so you can repeat the exact same slide on the other side.

1 Like

If you just need 2 edges move away from each other. You can insert new edge loop (ctrl+r), bevel it (ctrl+b) and drag the mouse away.

1 Like

Thank you all for replying
As Hadriscus said There is such a tool in other software i don’t know if i can reference the software name . and that tool works by evenly distributing the segments near to the edges or far away from them . we can just have an option in loop cut and slide panel under factor to push them away from each other
i don’t know if it is not necessarily to have such option
or it may be added in future versions ?