Slime Hallway

Hello,

I’m new to Blender and put this project together partially as a way to learn different aspects of blender. I wanted to create something like a game mock up.

Thanks for looking!

59 Likes

it doesn’t look like slime rancher at all :wink:

Seems you added clay render when i was replying :slight_smile:

Haha, yep. I’m a new user so it only let me post one image in my first post :slightly_smiling_face:

I never rigged anything in my life, so this does look really nice, simple but nice
and I do like that red light, it adds depth to the scene or should I say depth to the situation that is happening. :+1:
It kind of looks like JRPG, oh I wish they would remaster Chrono Cross…

Kind of weird (I know) but I wonder how it would look if some part of the slimes inside their mouth would emit light :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. The rigging is definitely simple on this. The character on the left is more animating individual pieces than any kind of real rig.

That is really a funky little scene you put together.

1 Like

This is really cool! The yellow light from outside is a REALLY nice touch. Lovely work! :smiley: I’m wondering- the arch around the big slime looks like it is floating in space on the side closest to the viewer. Is the big slime bending that arch out of place? If so, the rivets should have popped out. Just a random observation :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha, good point, I didn’t think about that. It is supposed to be like he busted though.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

amazing work, very nice style, congrats! :slight_smile: Did you render in eevee? Have you used some refs?

1 Like

You’re #featured! :+1:

1 Like

Absolutely neat! :laughing:
Would play that for sure!

1 Like

Thanks, this was rendered in cycles. I used Eevee a lot during the process to get the look I wanted, since it’s a lot faster to iterate with.

I looked up a bunch of photos to of factory/science facility type environments to get ideas on what to include. The Shape of Water specifically had some good reference for the type of look I wanted.

It makes me think of the Art style of the remastered Link’s Awakening- or at least the trailers, because the game isn’t released yet :laughing: It also has a strong 80’s vibe… at least in subject material. If I didn’t know better, I’d say this was a mobile game or Nintendo game adaptation of some 80’s action comedy.

beautiful work !!!

Very charming style! :ok_hand:

so well! I match a lot with this style, no noise textures and simple cartoon shapes. Just for curiosity, you will be available as a freelancer?

1 Like

love the style! I want to play the game. :smiley:

1 Like

seria genial ver un vídeo juego en este estilo

1 Like