Slimmey Critter!

(Haunted-House) #1

I spent quite a while working on this:
http://www.anycities.com/laganfalls/gallery.html

All comments are welcome!

(ulrik) #2

I really like the overall look of the scene, the gras is very good, lightning is perfect and last but not least the creature itself has a very strange and scary effect on me, which I guess, is intentional.

I can’t make out any common bodyparts, the creature itself looks more than unnatural and scary, really like which could rip off your head any second.

There are just two things I think which could be improved a bit: the body itself looks a bit too much like it is a piece of cloth, not a real skin or shell, the second thing is the thing on the back…it looks a bit out of place for my taste, but I have to admit at first glance I have no clue how I would change it or how I could explain it in english what I mean (english is not my native language)

Overall I am really impressed, very very nice work!!!

(Haunted-House) #3

Thanks for your reply ulrik
I changed the skin, and I added a render from behind the creature.
The shell does look a bit funny but, I like it so I will just keep it there. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Haunted-House) #4

I updated the renders again.
The the skin now looks more organic.

(BgDM) #5

DUDE!!! That is a wicked render!! I love it. One of the best blender renders I have seen.

Did you UV map that? Give some details.

BgDM

(Haunted-House) #6

Thanks BgDM
Yes, I did uv map that creature.
I modeled everything from a box with sub-d exept the grass, it was created using Ripstings grass script.

(harkyman) #7

Nice:

1. Model
  2. Textures
  3. Composition
  4. Concept

Excellent. The slime is awesome. How’d you model it?

(Haunted-House) #8

Thanks,
I modeled the slime out of a box, extruded it several times then added sub-d.

(Detritus) #9

Wow! I really like it! Only thing that´s weird is that some of the grass is going through the aliens toe-thingies. Othersiwe, it´s some of the best I´ve seen. Would be cool to see an animation (maybe when it catches something).

(Haunted-House) #10

An animation for this creature…I just might make one!

(macouno) #11

Oh yes animate it please???

Say… idea… silly maybe but if you make a loop .mpg or something I could make it into a screen saver for yah. I’d love to have it running on my laptop :wink:

(Friday13) #12

Whoa, that critter thingy looks great! :smiley:

(sten) #13

yay…cool stuff…I like the dark but detailed images :slight_smile:

(S68) #14

Very nice!

Congrats :slight_smile:

Stefano

(blengine) #15

wow great ummmmmmmm… thing! =D
excellent scene too… the grass is a bit blocky and intersecting, but i love it overall!