Howdy! I’ve been working on this project for a little bit now and thought it was finally time to bring it out to blink in the sunlight for a bit I started working on this project in blender, straight away. A little bit in, I decided I needed to sketch out my idea before I got too far in.
This is the concept I sketched out in gimp in about an hour and a half. I’m actually pretty proud of this, for my first attempt in painting on the computer.
I also believe a have a decent start on the rock in blender. It’s got a long way to go and i’m still using some stand-in hdr lighting because I’m lazy. I’ll properly light the scene later, I guess. I’m currently working on the pile of soil. That seems to be the sticking point at the moment. I’m trying to make it in a way that won’t make my computer choke, but still looks good.
bring the colors of the ground into the edge of the water a little bit. also the froth seems a bit strong unless it is supposed to be moving quite fast.
(edit) also, technically this should be in the ‘traditional’ section, even though it’s done on a computer.
I’m sorry, maybe I wasn’t clear. The painted image is my concept image from which I will be basing my blender scene. The rock down below is what I have in blender so far. This is, in fact, a blender project. I just like having a reference to check the validity of my idea before I jump knees deep into blender. Sorry for the confusion!
I’ve set up some basic lighting and modelled the sprout. Once I get that material done, I think the next challenge to tackle is the pile of soil. I’ll save the water sim until later, when I can do it on a school computer, which is miles better than mine.