Slope-dependent textures on a sphere

i did some testing pics in other thread in mat / text i think
you can looks at it
and vector and normal are weird ones
also loosk like there is some differences for camera mapping may be a bug !

thanks

Thanks for the support everyone, these look really cool. I noticed these are being done in cycles and was hoping they would work in BGE as well, can anyone confirm if they work as is or need adjusting for BGE? I have been trying to find a solution for doing this on a plane using the z-axis and distance rather than normal’s. You can see in the picture below that I have separated this mountain into 6 areas of terrain. I am using a simple color code to visualize which area will have which terrrain type; red=coral, yellow=sand, brown=midlands/flatlands, light green=foothills, dark green=mountains, white=summit. I want to use a gradient node set-up to texture the plane according to the set distances as marked by my color code. I will be tinkering with the solutions already provided here, but if anyone can share any insights I would appreciate it.

@Kaluura; If it is not too much trouble, I will take that leg you offered :). Adding the snow for the peaks would make my day.

Hello everyone,

i also tried the Dave Miller´s Slope depending textures on a sphere tutorial with following results. For me i makes no difference if i do the described blending technic on a sphere, a box, plane or something else. I setup the blend with the normal vector as Y,Y,None like described in the tutorial - BUT i got always different results depending to the angle of my render-camera. I had in mind to create a simple terrain, with some blending between grass and rocky “slopes”. For me the cycle render node setting works fine. But this is not a option for me. Has anyone an idea how to setup a world normal mapping to the blend ?

Would so great to have a solution :confused: