Small Blender Improvements

I’ve been working with Blender for about three years now, and the last few releases have been giant leaps forward in terms of functionality. But there are still a few things that would make my Blender experience a lot better. Here are a couple of my thoughts:

1. An advanced mirror modifier, with the option to a) Mirror RVK/shape keys, b) Mirror/Flip vertex groups. These would be applied only with MakeReal.
  2. More Python control of IPOs and IPO driver/channel data.
  3. X-axis mirror button (in mesh EditMode) responds to Blend from Shape RVK command.
  4. Clean duplication of armature bones and IK Limit mirror across axis.
  5. Mesh-by-mesh modifier (although I see that Peach is developing one, in my mind this is way overdue).
  6. Some kind of fix to the lattice ‘squishing’ that occurs when a lattice that modifies a mesh object is rotated in EditMode.
  7. A finished and working Cloth Modifier.

Anyway. . . especially when it comes to RVK control, I think Blender could be a lot simpler. . .

1. Mesh-by-mesh modifier (although I see that Peach is developing one, in my mind this is way overdue).

Wasn’t the paper about this published only at this year’s siggraph? Are there any other applications that already have this in this or some other form?

FalconMC , saying that something is “Way overdue” isnt very respectful towards the developers maybe you should think about making those features yourself.
ow, and cloth is in development so be patient and it’ll get into blender in the future.

shouldn’t these requests be in the request tracker ?

Actually we have such a thread already:

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=80147

These are not requests. Please confine yourself to the topic.

Perfect! Thanks for pointing this out.

Then what are they?

(you already felt that one coming up after you wrote the reply, did you? :ba: )