I’ve been working with Blender for about three years now, and the last few releases have been giant leaps forward in terms of functionality. But there are still a few things that would make my Blender experience a lot better. Here are a couple of my thoughts:
- An advanced mirror modifier, with the option to a) Mirror RVK/shape keys, b) Mirror/Flip vertex groups. These would be applied only with MakeReal.
- More Python control of IPOs and IPO driver/channel data.
- X-axis mirror button (in mesh EditMode) responds to Blend from Shape RVK command.
- Clean duplication of armature bones and IK Limit mirror across axis.
- Mesh-by-mesh modifier (although I see that Peach is developing one, in my mind this is way overdue).
- Some kind of fix to the lattice ‘squishing’ that occurs when a lattice that modifies a mesh object is rotated in EditMode.
- A finished and working Cloth Modifier.
Anyway. . . especially when it comes to RVK control, I think Blender could be a lot simpler. . .