Smart Select - 1.4.3 updated by Nburn is now out! selection issues fixed

add-ons
blender2-80
(RealityFox) #21

Pattern selection like what modo has would be a cool feature. Might be a bit hard to implement but probably something worth getting in. Bought the plugin btw! Looking forward to the updates :stuck_out_tongue:

0 Likes

(jimpaw80) #22

Can you post a video here with that?

0 Likes

(RealityFox) #23

https://youtu.be/B4uzIE1Q6n4?t=4m6s - 4:40 is when it really kicks in but it might be worth watching the stuff before that. Sorry I should have linked it the first time. It’s a neat little feature, it can probably be expanded on as well.

0 Likes

(jimpaw80) #24

Is it any specific on this that you like? selecting several edges that grows to ring are already in blender and a lot of other selections, but my plan was to create some kind of menu related to Smart select where a bunch of selection tools are included.

0 Likes

(Scigor) #25

Looking forward to the sel preview. Indeed right now it’s difficult to remember the order of selections :stuck_out_tongue:

In the upcoming features you said “scrolling your mouse wheel will change the sharpness angle.”
I’d like to be able to use the numpad+/- instead of the wheel, since I don’t use the mouse (pentablet).

0 Likes

(RealityFox) #26

Well the pattern selection is when you can select every other face in a loop and continue that pattern around, I don’t know if you missed it or I grabbed the wrong time stamp but that was the main thing.

If this could be expanded to say have more intricate selections done. Like creating a star selection and have that loop around in the best way possible, that would probably be pretty cool.

previewing the pattern could be done automatically as well, so rather than using blenders shortcut for edge loop it can be a quick shortcut key to automatically have the pattern highlighted as it’s being done.

^ A better video. Not modo but what modo can do.

0 Likes

(Scigor) #27

Same crash here.
Sometimes blender crashes selecting face loops, in different scene.
Blender 2.77a.

0 Likes

(Pitiwazou) #28

It will be nice to have the possibility to select the circle.

http://pitiwazou.com/screenshots/2016-05-14_15-37-34.gif

0 Likes

(m9105826) #29

Indeed, Blender’s lack of ability to select obviously contiguous loops around tri-poles is one of my biggest complaints about the loop-select tool. Unfold3D solves this with a really great min/max angle setting.

0 Likes

(jimpaw80) #30

Completely agree, i will try my best to solve this but my guess is that it,s a lot harder than it looks. Thanks for the feedback!

0 Likes

(jimpaw80) #31

Okay Version 1.1.0 is here!

Here are some new features:

• Users can now press down Ctrl and scroll with mouse wheel to change the angle.
    (Keyboard shortcuts can be changed in the settings)

• works both in face, edge and vertex mode.

• The value of the angle will be display in text on the screen for clear graphical feedback. There is also a lot of options where you can change color,size,placement etc.

See video of the updates here: https://vimeo.com/175109123

0 Likes

(Bop) #32

Hi,

Excuse me, Is there a way to achieve multiple choice by to press Shift key? Similar to the following.

Thank
!

Excuse me, there is no way to press Shift key to achieve multiple choice? Similar to the following.T

Thank you!

0 Likes

(jimpaw80) #33

You press Shift + alt, you can change those keys in the preferences. Be aware of when you add more selections it will toggle so you may have to click shift+alt two times. Let me know if it works for you.

0 Likes

(Bop) #34

When I first press Shift + Alt will cancel before the choice and choose a loop, and if I press again then will choose the side faces at mouse.
Now I can not choose more than one loop, unless the closure of the addon.

0 Likes

(jimpaw80) #35

I just updated to version 1.1.2, this Version lets you add more selections, hope you like it! If you follow me on my Gumroad page you should get the updated file in your mail soon. Thanks for the feedback!

0 Likes

(jimpaw80) #36
  • Delimit now works with all selection modes, press ALT and hold RMB to select inside of old selection.
  • A new selection fill tool has been implemented!

0 Likes

(Michael Knubben) #37

This is the update that made me buy this, that selection fill tool is exactly what I’ve been looking for! I used it all the time in other software, it’s such a time-saver…

Glad to see this getting updates and support, and I’m looking forward to what else you come up with!

0 Likes

(John Lancaster) #38

This add-on is top notch! (top notch).:cool:
It’s like a paint bucket in blender for selection, I love it! $3 well spent!:yes:
Most satisfied I’ve ever been with an add-on!:RocknRoll:

0 Likes

(Scigor) #39

Small problem:

with this update the hotkeys for change delimit values is blank, and I cannot bind to the scroll wheel cause give me a strange values to choose from…

0 Likes

(jimpaw80) #40

Thanks for the Feedback, what version are you using? what happens if you click in the blank area left of the lists and just scroll your mouse wheel?

I forget to write this, be sure to uninstall the old version completely and just install this new one and restart Blender. ctrl/Altl+middle mouse wheel is the whole idea with all od my addons, but as you know i really think that users should have the options to do whatever they want so i will make sure to fix this.

0 Likes