Smartphone remote

do i really need to have ar core…
i just want to record the gyroscope movement…

Hot Damned!
This is just an exceptional tool! Very appreciative of your development efforts, Slumber. The suggestion to record is worthy of this addon.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi. Thanks for the amazing addon and the app, @slumber !!! It works great for me!
Can you tell me if the camera can be controlled without sending the blender scene to the phone? The scenes I’d like to use it with are way to heavy (they don’t transfer and the connection is unsuccessful) and I don’t really need the camera view on the phone.
If anyone has any tips it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 Like

For anyone who’s interested, I’ve found a simple solution.

It only requires you to modify one line in the ‘operators.py’ script in the addon’s installation folder (most likely: “C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.YOUR VERSION\scripts\addons\smartphoneremote-master”).

Simply find use_selection argument in the ‘Scene export’ block of script (for me it was on line 228) and set it to ‘True. This way it will only send selected objects to the phone (e.g. a single cube) instead of the whole scene and will let you control the camera in complex scenes.

On top of that, if you use steam, you can use the ‘Steam Link’ mobile phone app to stream your desktop with the full scene opened in blender (requires a bit of messing about with launching apps simultaneously in split screen/multi-window mode on android but can be done as I’ve just managed it).

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your feedback :pray:
In the current version it is not possible to prevent the transfer of the scene. But it would be interesting to add this option !
Would it be enough to put it as an entry in the add-on preferences?

Yeah, why not? Just a check box asking if you want to transfer all or just selected objects :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for the Amazing Addon.
But Can WE make it go deeper ?

Like instead of having a simple reconstruction, why not having thé actual blender caméra viewport view on our phone ?

And Maybe have an option for disabling UI?

That could be an incredible VR app with that

Hi, so this is a brilliant product. Can it be used with USB cable?

Thank you! it worked for me too!