[ SMC Notice ] No SMC's Please

Hi IRC goers,
for those that do not read the channel’s topic, currently there are no smc’s till further notice, Blenderartists seems to have undergone updates to the forum and something has broken posting!

I’ll be trying to get this fixed asap so please bear with me!

Cheers

• ddwagnz
    SMCBot Developer & Admin

Latest Update:

Need to look into a small url issue when posting to blenderartist, current live code -should- still work, just may or may not break the bot and post a poll with the post, if this happens, please stop smc’ing till i have some time thursday to fix it.

Cheers

• ddwagnz
    SMCBot Developer & Admin

Is this back up yet?

Hi Guys,

Just an update, bot is still down! (i know its been down ages)!, I have been speaking to protocoldoug/thecardsmith and there is some planned server stuff going to happen in december (no date in december) as such, perl will be given an update so what will be happening as there may be a chance updating perl will break more parts of SMCMan since its running currently an older version of Perl so the idea will be to be looking at fixing the posting then rather than fix it now and then have it break again. At this stage only fixing will be done, no site/bot features are going to be added. I’ll be taking this chance also to see what features i will look at disabling, this is to remove some stuff that isnt being used/broken beyond repair.

Cheers

• ddwagnz
    SMCBot Admin and Developer

SMC’s should work without the bot crashing now, the sacrifice is that there will be no poll added to the smc’s till i can look back into it after the new year.

• ddwagnz
    SMCBot Admin and Developer