Smoke and curve guide force question

Hey everyone

I’m trying to get smoke to travel in a predetermined motion path. I figured the curve guide force field would achieve this, but I’ve yet to get it to work. I hoping I’m just missing something, does anyone know how to do it.

A few details:

1. I don’t want to have particles following the path which is easy to do because I want flames at one end of it and the smoke travels along the path. Having the particles follow path would give fire all along the path.

2. Domains have a curve guide field weight so I’m assuming this field will affect the smoke, the same way other fields do, is this assumption correct?

3. The curve guide doesn’t appear to have a strength setting.

4. I don’t have a blend as I’m just experimenting with quick smoke and a curve guide to see if I can get it to work

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Heres a quick sketch to illustrate what I’m trying to achieve

Check this out. It might help.
http://cgcookie.com/blender/2012/03/16/creating-a-rocket-with-a-smoke-trail-in-blender/

Hi thanks for your suggestion but essentially I’m trying to do the opposite of that effect. In the video David Ward is getting the emmiter mesh to travel around the path and emit particles as it goes. What I’d like to do is have the emitter mesh stay still at the start of the path and have the emitted smoke follow the path.

I’m trying to get a stylised effect where the smoke appears to behave in specific manner.

The same problem here. Can not get it work. It seems that this force does not affect smoke particles.