Smoke and Fire simulations are frustrating

Absolutely…I am a bit annoyed on my self that I haven´t started yet…but I also got a lot to fix at home before summer now kicks in over here within a couple of days:)
I would have tried it already if it werent for the issues of blender not rendering the vdb´s in final render, so either I need to track that down, or try the 2.89 build…and download and install that first.

But I also wanted to work a bit more first with clouds and houdini exports …to get to understand the vdbs and some shading …before I try embergen out, that is because I want to maximize the time I can use it for 14 days to ensure I know how to shade it properly and make sure it also renders.

In lightwave it shouldn´t be a problem though, for blender I think I will prefer to use mostly cloud sims, which I think embergen may work great for as well, and blender does multiple scattering much faster and better than in Lightwave currently.

Which can be seen here from the WDA disney sample which I rendered in blender, I can´t get this nice multiple scattering within Lightwave unfortunately, while a free software like blender does it great.

And since I am not upgrading to Lightwave 2020, I may save that money for maybe a License for embergen instead.

Houdini Indie also one of my prospects to invest in.

Thread here…