Smoke rendering upside down?

Hi,

I’m a bit of a Blender noob - and I’ve been trying to work through some smoke/particle effect tutorials, just for fun.

I’ve followed the tutorial to the letter and for a while it works - but I’m finding that suddenly my smoke renders upside down in my scene?!
When previewing the animation using ALT-A it seems fine it’s just the final render.
Any ideas?

You can download my .blend file here to see what you think the problem might be.

(I’m using Blender 2.62 r44136 x64 release.)

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I have exactly the same problem with another tutorial. When pressing Alt-A the smoke is fine, but when rendering the scene, it is displayed upside down.

Did you find the solution to your problem?

No, I’m still waiting for someone to help me out… :frowning:

Rotate your domain 180 degrees around the x axis in object mode (R X 180)

Ah ha! Thanks very much - that completely solved my problem.
The question I would then have, is why the heck does the domain not consider the physics? I’m sure I’m failing to understand all kinds of things.

Haha, I would never have thought of that. I knew it was a domain problem, but I couldn’t figure out how to fix it other than by recreating the domain.

Thanks a lot!

Btw, is there a button to flip the domain? I must have flipped it accidentally as my renderings where correct when I started with the smoke simulation.