Smokey Girl

Very cool artwork, remind me a lot of some manga characters.

The sculpt was made in blender ?

1 Like

This looks really good, nice job! Keep it up. :slight_smile:

EDIT:
Oh just noticed that it looks like she has some sort of fairy wings, nice! :heart:

1 Like

It’s nice work, but I’d like to point out one important oversight, less about the character, and more about the image:

The graffiti behind her is camouflaging the cigarette in her hand. Just leaving some empty wall space there would fix it.

1 Like

I loved it ! Well done

1 Like

Did you studied Vermeers Art?
You used some of his composition tricks in special in your 2nd framing.

Lots of them visualized here…
Have a look. It s a longer journey but worth every minute.
http://www.openculture.com/2013/08/...ohannes-vermeer-narrated-by-meryl-streep.html

I could draw them in with some lines but in case you did not know before it s more fun you find them yourself.

1 Like

Or, let her exhale some smoke - equally explanatory? Or, give her a small cigar - or, like some elegant Northern European women, a polished ebony (tobacco) pipe…
Personally, I like the graffiti wall - it visually corresponds to a blackboard summarizing the derivation of integral calculus for M.I.T. freshman: 2 different expressions of smarts, academic & street - & she reminding us of the eternal erotic link between those diverse challenges & experiences.
Whatever - very accomplished image; do more.

1 Like

Thank you all! :blush:

@norka - Haha thank you! I guess I still needa find a middle ground for the fingers between unnaturally long and Trump-ishly short :stuck_out_tongue:
@IMRB - Yup I get a lot of inspiration from manga. The clothes were simulated in Marvelous Designer, but the other models are all done in Blender!
@Piotr_Adamowicz - Thanks for the tip. I guess I thought it was more visible than before since the wall was originally scuffier, but I’ll have to be careful with that :slight_smile:
@sasa42 - Love your wallpaper :wink: Nope I haven’t really studied art, so thanks for the tip! I can’t seem to open the link though…
@MDR43Arch - Oh the exhaling smoke would have been a good idea! Super cool to hear your interpretation :smile:

3 Likes

sorry for cutting it down to fit the phone.)
here a working link…

1 Like

I love the pose and composition.:heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you! :smile:

I love Smokey Girl. She has a character that comes through and writes her own dialogue. Great!