Smooth shade help!

Select the faces that make up the flat bits of the bottom of the arrows and also Inset them a little.

1 Like

yea dude i was thinking of that but the vertices were so close they criss crossed so i had to manually untangle them and it worked, however i did notice some criss crossing on the top planes after i inseted the faces. After untangling them i have these wierd orange lines, do u know what are those ? its not the 1st time i had those after fixing criss crossing verts, but the shade smooth worked out though. like there are some cuts on the surfaces.

You had some edges you could get rid of with Ctrl+X (blue arrows). The red circles bits I think are where the Knife operation added perhaps extra verts where they weren’t needed (try merging those before the Inset) and the central face probably could be Inset at the same time as the ones surrounding the arrows (marked in yellow).

1 Like

In the areas you see those lines you most probably have extra edges you don’t need running parallel to each other.

1 Like

hmmmm yea i cleaned up and it said 128 edges cleaned and the shade smooth is working but i cant seem to figure out this orange line, theres no more verts to clean and the mesh doesnt look off.

i figured out what it is, its an edge that didnt get selected in the beveling stage along with the rest so its surface is not the same as the others. !-____- ok i think this means that it finally worked out in the end? lolx.

1 Like