Snail Cartoon

I made this little project in the lives on my twitch channel (twitch.tv/dmenezes_art). I know it’s a simple project but i’m happy with this result.

10 Likes

simple and cute, great job :star_struck:

1 Like

This looks cute! Is it a little Sprite Fright inspired perhaps? :smiley:

Your streams look quite nice as well. Bit of bummer they are not in English though so people from more nationalities could enjoy them.

I have no idea if your looking for crits but a few little things stand out to me so here I go

Mwoehahaha :smiling_imp:

I think the tangent on his outside mouth corner (screen left) is a little unfortunate. Both the mouth corner, the head contour and the shell contour meet at the same point. Perhaps its worth it to tweak that a little with pose and/or camera. I wonder if it would look good to include some of the mouth shape in the profile?

Something else that stands out to me is that it feels like the snail at the front is clipping in the toad surface a little bit. I think a bit more curvature on the underside of the snail body might fix that so its more like at the side where you also get some nice ambient occlusion. That also seems to be missing from the front a bit.

Feel free to disregard these comments, still think its cute as is. :+1:

Thanks for your critics. Its very important for me.
I try reply your comment

This looks cute! Is it a little Sprite Fright inspired perhaps?
A little bit :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I like this style and some things inspire me.

Your streams look quite nice as well. Bit of bummer they are not in English though so people from more nationalities could enjoy them.
I don’t speak english very, but i learn to improve it.

I understand your critics and you are right. But I thing its time to move on to next project.

Thank you so much your comment.

PS.: Sorry for my english, i don’t write very well. :grin:

1 Like

I love the Sprite Fright style myself so it was fun to see some of it in your work! I am very much looking forward to the movie release and the production blogs are fun to follow. :slight_smile:

I totally understand your moving on. Finished is better then perfect and you posted it in the finished work category after all. :+1:

Your written English is fine man. Your certainly better at it then I would be at writing (or speaking) your language. :laughing:

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!