Snake's head

Hello!

I wanted to see if I could model the head of a snake, with focus on the scales. This is the result using subdivision.

A turntable video can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/user/Urenze

Regards,
Urenze

Attachments

Hey that so neat!

Amazing how effective the texture/material ??? is!

yep the material works good.

Hey, thanks!

I painted it by hand with GIMP. And I don’t want to brag, but it is the second texture I have ever made (the other is the one for my ichthyosaur model). It didn’t resemble the idea I had in my mind, but for testing was ok.

I exported the UV faces layout and used it as a guide for the details, using one layer for each color, and from lightest to dark.

I would have posted the GIMP file to show this, but files with that extension are not attachable here, so I will post the JPG file instead.

Regards,
Urenze

Attachments

maybe you used texture paint because the transition between top and down is seamless…

Hi, i love the texture and indeed the model although it is hard to appreciate with out the body slithering behind. Very nice work,

No texture paint. I though about using it, but the fact is that I concentrated on the top part and was not going to do the lower part, and when I finished that I said to myself “just sprinkle some color down there to see how it comes”, and voila! And all in GIMP.

Urenze