SniperPro - UrbanMonkeyStudios

To blendermakers,
Thanks for commenting, we will change the crosshair to a more traditional shape.

Any other comments are welcome.

-UrbanMonkey Team-

since its a sniper game, wouldn’t you be on top of buildings, etc. instead of walking around? and in most fps games the gun is on the right side. Are you left handed? cause I am and I sometimes put it on the left.

You do start on a building, but you come down after the ambush to get into a car. And yes i am left handed, well spotted.

UrbanMonkey Team

Is there any info or requests anyone wants about the project so far?

UrbanMonkey Team

no requests? How about any suggestions?

Cheers,
UrbanMonkey Team

To help with critique, how finished is the scenery in the above screenshots? (from post 18)

To freen,
The scenery is not finished, we are still going to add litter, people and other things you would find in the streets.

Cheers,
UrbanMonkey Team

Are you going to improve texturing of the buildings? (By the way, I have never seen windows being outside of the building ;)).

To donas,
All the textuers were ones we made very quickly for the screenshots. So to answer your question, yes we will improve the textures (as well as fix the windows).

Cheers,
UrbanMonkey Team

Here is the new building, still needs a little bit more detail and some textures.
As always, any comments appreciated

Cheers,
UrbanMonkey Team

Attachments

Here is a link to our website, it still needs a lot of work, but because we have been focusing on getting the SniperPro demo working the website has received little attention and is still in the beginning stages.

http://sniperpro.x10hosting.com/

Cheers,
UrbanMonkey Team

We are currently working on the AI, it is going o.k. so far, but it might take some time. We are hoping to get the AI to perform the following:
> Seek cover
> Chase you if you run away
> Shoot you
> Basic movements/stances

any suggestions on this (or anything else about this project) will be appreciated.

Cheers,
UrbanMonkey Team

i think you should put a pistol in the game most sniper games do

We will eventually add a weapon changing system, but for now there will just be the rifle.

Quick progress update:

> Re-modeled all buildings
> Added more scenery
> Fixed most issues to do with the player rig and weapon system
> also done some work on the website

Cheers,
UrbanMonkey Team

Suggestion: When zooming with the rifle, see to it that the switching between the “Zoom mode” and “normal mode” is immediate. (To see my point, look at Counter-strike’s sniper weapons- it takes some time for the player to be able to zoom in, and during that time, the enemy can shoot you.)
P.S. Work on the gameplay as hard as possible, leave graphics in the second place;)
I’m looking forward to see this game.
Good Luck guys!!!:cool:

To christiani_if,

thanks for your comment, we currently have a transition on the camera zoom but it is only a short delay and you can still shoot/aim while it is zooming in. Also, like you said we are focusing on the gameplay first and then the graphics.

Cheers,
UrbanMonkey Team

Here are the latest screenshots. Because we have been trying to fix bugs, re-model everything and write a bit of python, the models have not yet been textured.

Any are comments welcome.

Cheers,
UrbanMonkey Team

Attachments

Are you gonna switch the gun to the right hand side?

He’s a lefty?

If you need some textures, you can use my repository.(in my sig)