SniperPro - UrbanMonkeyStudios

To Minifig,

Thanks for those textures, they will be very useful for the game.

Anyone got any comments on the screenshots, or suggestions for the game?

Cheers,
UrbanMonkey Team

This is just a quick message to say that the AI that we are working on is coming along nicely, and we expect to have it done very soon.

As always please comment on any previous screenshots or posts.

Cheers,
UrbanMonkey Team

how does your AI work?

We have been having some troubles with or web server.
Here is the new updated site link: http://sniperpro.exofire.net/

To Mentalturkey,
The AI is almost complete, so once it is finished (probably 2 days) we will post again.

Cheers,
UrbanMonkey Team

Hi everyone,

sorry that we haven’t been posting lately but it is because we have been doing a lot of work on the game. We have completly re-done the bullet system using rays and also have almost completed the AI.

Just to let you know, we will be posting the first version of our game on the website as soon as we finish the AI and basic textures.

Cheers,
UrbanMonkey Team

Nice work! Want a desert eagle model that i just made? I attached it

Attachments

deserteagle.blend (233 KB)

A suggestion that I would give out. Make a selection in some options box to make the character right or left handed. I think that would make some people happy or less disoriented when they actually play the game.

Yea or just have like 2 cameras, one on one side of the gun and one on the other, and maybe keys “1” and “2” switch between the different cameras :yes:

To mokazon,
Great desert eagle. Are you letting us use it in our game or just showing us?

To Chaos_Theory,
That is a good suggestion, we will look into it.

To Zootanore,
I don’t think we will be able to make it work using two cameras because of the way that we have setup the player.

Thanks for all your comments,
UrbanMonkey Team

You can use the desert eagle. here is a rifle if you would like to use it too.
mr762assualtrifle.blend (284 KB)

Thanks mokazon, these will be very useful for our game.

Cheers,
UrbanMonkey

After much consideration we have decided that we will not be using the original map for the first level (even though it will still be used in the first test release), but insted we will be making the first level in a desert setting.

The level objective will be to locate a POW base and free them as well as assasinate the base’s commander.

The creation of this map has not been started yet because we are still working hard on the AI which is practicaly ready for the test release.

Cheers,
UrbanMonkey Team

The first test release is almost done!

just to let you know the upcoming release is just a demo of our progress and it is not any where near complete. So please don’t go saying that it is the worst thing that you have ever played, because it is just there to show our progress. Feedback is still welcome though.

The next mini-release will be better and will include things like:
>on screen ammo and health
>Gun effects (flash, bullet holes, recoil, …)
>Improved AI and AI spawning
As well as many other things.

Cheers,
UrbanMonkey Team

The first test release is now on our website! (please keep in mind what we wrote on the previous post.)

This release will be constantly changing due to more progress.

Since that release this morning we have already added:
>Muzzle flash
>Enemy Gun
>Crouch
>Work on the new level (desert one)

if you have any questions please post on this thread or send us a PM.

Cheers,
UrbanMonkey Team

Just to let everyone know, the AI that we have designed is still basic but is very easy to customize and even add new features.

The AI currently does the following:
>Follows you (if player is in its line of sight)
>Stops if it cant see you
>Shoots at you(if in line of sight & shooting range)
>Stops chasing you once within shooting range
>Performs an action if shot (currently only holds his stomach --even if shot in the head-- but we are working on more actions as well as a way to find where he was shot)

The line of sight, shooting range, stopping range, run/walk speed, rate of fire, bullet damage & all actions can all be changed by typing a new value or string.

And we are still working to improve it!

Also, the forum on our website is now up and running.

Cheers,
UrbanMonkey Team

Anyone got any feedback on the demo?

Cheers,
UrbanMonkey Team

Was there a point to downloading five 1.9mb files and one 14kb file?

The game - for some reason - seemed quite laggy on startup, however I did have a fair few things opened at the time of playing.

I killed the guy, is that all you can do in this demo? (I understand it’s an early demo).
I suggest using WASD instead of the arrow keys for movement or have the option to use both.

Overall I think it definitely has potential and I look forward to future releases :slight_smile:

Sorry couldn’t play it, some error when extracting. cant you just put it in one whole .zip or .rar file?

Sorry about the rar files we have fixed it now and it is just one zip file. The link is now on the website.
To Microwave we will definetely put the wasd keys in the second version.

Cheers
UrbanMonkey Team

Okay, the file can now be downloaded as one zip file.
also, we will release a new version soon that will use the WSAD key to move as well as what ever else we manage to do before the upload.

Cheers,
UrbanMonkey Team