So I just found out I have cancer...

I wish you all the best and hope you will live a happy life.

Like my friend sent a “heal soon” card to my friend which had diagnosed a diabetes. :smiley:

Hopefully you’ll survive this.

Best of luck man.
P

I’ll be prayin’ for ya buddy. One question though, are you a smoker or live with them? My Grandma was, she died of lung cancer, well actually the cancer had left and the doctors amped up her kemo and that was the real killer.
I’ll be praying for ya though.

Yeah, my friend’s entire family smoked… I guess that’s what got him cancer in the first place. Living with smokers all your life is just as bad as smoking yourself. Ugh… second hand smoking. If your family does smoke, you need to get out of there… it’ll just come back if you don’t.

Hodgkin’s is a heriditary condition I believe - I doubt smoking has much to do with it in this case.

I’m sorry to hear about your illness FadieZ; and I hope you pull through it - doctors can do wonders these days! So chin up mate!:smiley:

Dang man, thats not good. But I’m glad its not worse than it could’ve been.

I’ll be praying for you.

Thanks for all your support guys. You don’t know how much you guys are alleviating this whole shitty business.

@jackblack: None of my parents smoke, nor do my siblings. Actually, no one in my family smokes (cigarettes). Some of us do, however, have some Shisha every now and then (that arabic thing that looks like a giant hour glass/bong, flavoured tobacco) but I don’t think that was the cause. Either it was the infection I had for the past few weeks or, like Roffey so wisely said, a hereditary condition.

Anyway, I said I’d keep you guys posted, so today I had a CT scan (that big round X-Ray thing you see in House episodes) and they informed me that chemo should start next week, but they don’t know what time. I feel like shit today for some reason and just woke up from a long siesta. Gonna get some work done.

Thanks again guys, as promised I’ll keep you posted.

Get well, man. I’ll be praying for you :slight_smile:

sorry to hear thaqt hope you pull through all our thoughts and prays will be going out to you at this difficult time

You have to be strong man!!! It’s a difficult period of your life, but I hope U will pass this and have a long life!!!
Get Well, I’ll be prayin’ for you

I had bladder cancer a couple of years ago. It was super cancer light. The post surgical treatment was nonsystemic because the cancer was contained in the bladder. I got lucky.

My wife’s step brother had Hodgkins twice so far. He got pretty sick both times from the chemo. He is doing fine now though. The survival rate long term is very good with current treatments.

Good luck with your treatment, and keep a positive attitude.

On a side note, I hope to GOD that the democrat party doesnt get “Universal Health Care” passed here in the USA. It will ruin medicine for those of us that actually pay for insurance.

Hi! Sorry to hear about your cancer. But you’ll make it through!

I have a friend who’s been through that treatment (got it at an age of 19). Not sure if she’s done with it yet, but she’s definately a lot better. She’s actually no different than from before! The chemo-therapy wasn’t bad at all, according to her.

Keep thinking happy thoughts!

Take care, buddy!

You can always ask God for help.

Hi FadieZ.
Hope everything goes well with the treatment. My dad has prostate cancer but his treatment seems to be working. And it’s out-patient as well (he got radio-active implants that target the bad cells). I’ll be checking back here to see how it goes with you.

edit edit edit

Good news, looks like my CT scan’s clean. The cancer cells are only located in my neck. I don’t have an ulcer like the doctors previously believed and it didn’t spread out. I’m at stage 2 of the disease, which isn’t bad.

The glass is half full, right? I’m still abusing on gel, seeing how I’ll be shaving my head shortly. They told me chemo would start this coming Thursday and my treatment would take place every two weeks. I don’t know how many sessions they’re giving me yet, I’ll give you the update on that as soon as I can.

Thanks to all of you guys, my view of this treatment thing is a lot clearer. I really can’t thank you enough, and that’s why I’ll be keeping this thread running through the whole thing, pics, testimonies, the works.

Take care!:stuck_out_tongue:

-FadieZ

I too will add to the prayers of others who believe. I appreciate you reaching out for it. I personally know of persons who have grown to old age with much much worse types of cancers.

FadieZ,

I’m sorry to hear you have to experience cancer as one of the trials of life. Nevertheless, try to look at it positively as an opportunity to reevaluate your life, and fix the things you’re not happy with. We as humans tend to forget our own frailty and mortality until an experience like this.

As a medical professional with a specifically oncology based background, I feel that you are fortunate in the fact that you got one of the most treatable forms of cancer, and having found it in early stages only serves to increase your prospects of a long healthy life.

If at any time along the course of your treatment you’d like further information, or even just someone to talk to who knows the process, don’t hesitate to contact me, either via PM here, or via email, timmeh [at] hiddenworlds.org

I hope for your speedy recovery.

Shit man, that really sucks.
Just try to focus on getting better and keeping yourself occupied, you’ll heal faster if you’re happy.
I’ve been attuned to reiki for some time but never had cause to try long distance, would you want me to?

That sucks man I dont know much about cancer but it seems you dont have a very dangerous type of cancer. Hope you get better man :wink:
My friend Willaim found out also that he had cancer awhile back he has Liver cancer …
I think that 1 could kill you ? Not sure correct me if I am wrong.
Right now he is taking some pills and seeing this person :S But besides that he says that he will be just fine I am glad since he was the very first friend I had just when I started school in kindergarten Lol I still hang out with him very funny person good sence of humor ^^

Do as new_neo Says also try to be more happy in life :wink: I heard that having pets helps also.
And that would explain why everytime I see chinease people there always happy >.< Thats 1 cool thing about them besides the chinease food man that stuff is way to good o.O I can never get me enough of it Lol.

But besides that I wish you best of luck and stay in school >.<

AND REMEMBER KEEP ON BLENDERING BLENDER ARTISTS !!! :cool: