So, who's going to SIGGRAPH?

We all know the big names that are going to SIGGRAPH, but now I’m curious to hear who else is coming. If you’re coming, stick your post below.

I’ll be there! :slight_smile:

i’ll be there too! :slight_smile:

I’ll be there.

I’ll be there. We should meet up somewhere. :cool:

I’m there.

Would be nice to meet here too:

COLLADA BOF
Wednesday 2 August, 6-8PM,
Boston Convention and Exhibition Center - Room 206A Wednesday 2

We will be showing interaction / collaboration between Maya, Max, XSI and Blender. I will be showing COLLADA Bullet Physics Viewer. Remco from Illusoft demonstrates Blender with COLLADA.

See:
https://collada.org/public_forum/viewtopic.php?t=488
and here
http://www.continuousphysics.com/Bullet/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=428

Would be nice to see you there!
Erwin

I’m there (already almost, since I live practically next door :slight_smile: )

We had a thread about this already, but that was a while ago and I guess it sort of makes sense to make another one now that it’s only a week away. Anyway, I’ll be there!

darn i cannot come! i need to move this week to my new job.

arghhh

at least the blender meeting in canada will be left for me to visit.

claas

I was going to come, but unfortunately some things have come up (such as my college permanently closing) that I need to tend to instead. :frowning:

Oh well, maybe next year.

Is this in Europe?

boston, mass, the usa…
sorry to hear you won’t make it, Nathan, and you too Cekuhnen. Why let such a small thing as a college closure get in the way ? :wink:

Cessen,

your college is closing? what will happen to you now?

Ill be there!

Yes, at the Blender booth. I’ll only be there one day, and I’m not sure which day that will be. I’ll keep you posted.

Well, it looks like I’ll be transfering to Cogswell Polytechnic in Sunnyvale, California. It looks to actually be a better school than the one I was attending, so it seems my college closing is actually a good thing for me. :wink:

But still, there’s a bunch of stuff I need to take care of regarding transfering on such short notice (since our college gave us such short notice about the closure), hence why I won’t be making it to Siggraph.

I’m not too worried over this. It looks like things are going to work out for the better. But I do wish I could go to Siggraph!

By the way: if someone who’s going doesn’t want their copy of the Siggraph proceedings (a.k.a. the book with all the research papers in it), I would really, really love to have them.

Do you happen to know the number of that booth? That would be the ideal place I guess. :cool:

Blender Foundation, Booth 1527
You can access a complete list of exhibitors, too: http://esub.siggraph.org/cgi-bin/cgi/idEAll.html

I’ve been in the BCEC before for Linux World, so my experience suggests that there will probably be a place to eat inside the building. I’m planning on bringing a bagel with me to eat for lunch, a fun idea might be to all meet up at noon and have lunch together. What do you think?

I’ll probably be there on Wednesday the 2nd, Thursday is my backup date if I can’t make it on wednesday.

I’ll be popping in as well.

i’ll be there too…

hey, how about a blender meetup afterward and have a beer:)