Sodom & Gomorrah

Genesis (again)

19:23 The sun had just risen over the land as Lot reached Zoar 19:24 Then the Lord rained down sulfur and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah. It was sent down from the sky by the Lord. 19:25 So he overthrew those cities and all that region, including all the inhabitants of the cities and the vegetation that grew from the ground. 19:26 But Lot’s wife looked back longingly and was turned into a pillar of salt.

->http://www.selleri.org/Blender/images/SeG-tn.jpg<-

I may add that pillar of salt one of these days :wink:

Noww… what’s next? Mmmm…

Stefano

well, parting the see would be nice. let’s see you try that with particles.

cool particles effects

well, nice. But to be hornest . I expected something better from you… Especially on the texturing… :smiley:

Hehe, thanx… I’ll do something better next time :slight_smile:

Stefano

The only things that bother me are the lack of textures on the castles and that the lighting doesn’t seem to come from the particles as much as a global illumination.

Sure, there are only procedural textures there /me is lazy :slight_smile:

There are both.

There is a Skydome of dupliverted spots light purple in colour (dawn)

Each fireball has a orange lamp with a cloud texture shading it reddish in the middle.

Point is that there are many fireballs (some outside camera view, but still casting light on visible objects) so that it comes up pretty uniform.

But this was a quick model… I’ll try something more appealing (and surrealistic) on next scene :wink: Thanx for commenting,

Stefano

But why it had to be right when God got all pissed off at them, I would like to see some S&G before God found out.

Nice picture!

On the subject of Sodom & Gomorrah, I watched a documentary last night (Ancient Apocalypse). Basicaly, the scientists are theorising that Sodom & Gomorrah actually existed.

It wasn’t destroyed by fire & brimstone raining down from above, but actually was destroyed from below.

They think that an earthquake occured, which caused the methane in the rocks to release, and then ignite. The earthquake caused a landslide, so Sodom & Gomorrah slid into the dead sea.

So there you have it! :stuck_out_tongue:

Brian

Haha, sure…Go read your Bible dude. :stuck_out_tongue:

-Natron