Softbodies tutorial?

Where I can find a softbodies tutorial?

I’m not aware of built-in softbody support, but I could be wrong. You should first try searching wherever you got the plugin or whatever from, but I’m afraid I can’t find much in the way of tutorials. Perhaps you’ll have more luck googling one than I. If not…I’m sure someone more knowledgable than I will answer. Good luck.

I stand corrected. I’d write questions here:

http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3896

This is as much as I’ve figured out, give it the ol’ whirl.

SOFTBODIES:
CLOTH SIMULATION: DRAPE A CLOTH OVER A SPHERE

1. Create an icosphere (SPACEBAR->ADD->MESH->ICOSPHERE). Use the default values.

2. Create a Grid (SPACEBAR->ADD->MESH->GRID). Use the default values. Scale it so its bigger than the Sphere in the top view (NUMPAD 7).

3. Press NUMPAD 1, select the Grid, G-KEY “grab” it and position it over the Sphere.

4. F9 Edit Buttons, click on “SUBSURF” and raise the value to “2” or “3”. Click ‘Optimal’ if it slows down Blender.

Fine and dandy, scene is set. Now:

1. Grid still selected, F7 Object Buttons, NEW Effect, use the pop-up menu to select “Soft” (it usually says “Build”).

2. Click “Dynamic”. Use the default settings.

3. Set the “End” value to 90 or so.

4. Click “Bake” and let blender figure out all the dynamics involved. Let it cycle through all 90 frames. For some reason, it cycles through all of the frames again and again; I just hit “Esc” on the keyboard after the first cycle.

Render the animation.

Its a bit buggy, but it works :wink:

soft bodys arnt going to be added unitl at least blender 2.35 (i.e. the code from instictive blender ihas been poeted to the tophuhu (or how ever you spell it) and will no doubt be added to the main source tree one it has been tested, etc…).

simon

People who are willing to devote time to beta testing blender.org builds, even informally, should be given SOME clue as to how the features they’re testing out are to be used :wink:

In the case of Softbodies, testing it was virtually impossible because of the dearth of documentation. That’s why I beat my head against the proverbial wall until I figured out the proper means of operating the feature, and then posted the simple tutorial above to explain it. So others could give feedback to the developers – that’s the end goal, if an Oruborus-shaped production cycle can be said to have an “end goal” at all.