Soldiers

This is a stillframe from a project I did at work. Used Blender, Makehuman and some minor comping and filtering in Photoshop CS.

Comments welcome!

-Trev

cool!i dont like the black and white thought,but still good work!

Contrast is, perhaps, a bit strong. Still looks cool though. It would look great animated :wink:

I completely disagree! The visual style is great!!
Just one thing that seems a bit out of sync with the rest of the scene: The sky.
It should have a bit of contrast too…maybe still not as much as the soldiers
though…

Also, maybe a bit to blurry and pixilated in some areas. Destroys the details.
But work those few things out and it’ll be very nice!!
//Mathias

Thanks for the comments. We where going for an almost cell-painted look so we wanted it to be a bit comic-booky, hence the contrast and the B/W pallete.
I’ll see if I can rustle up some other shots from the project.

I agree totally. You hit on the one aspect of the project that I was the least satisfied with :stuck_out_tongue: I spent a lot of time struggling with the sky and in the end, we simply ran out of time. Ah, the harsh realities of working at a company that has to earn money ^.^ it sure is a double-edged sword!

P.S. I like your Icon, My coworker has that image as his desktop picture too.

Just wondering how can there be light if the sky is cloudy.Thats what i meant on my last post.

I like the look you’ve got going here, very unique. Could we see a screenshot in edit mode?

I think, that edges are too smooth, but very nice composition and performance, try to post bigger picture :slight_smile: