Solitaire

Your prayers have been answered! Finally, a solitaire game made with Blender!

Use the mouse to move the hand around and move the cards.
Instructions are written in the main text file.

This game has a couple of options including the image on the back of the cards and the color of the table. You can also hide or turn off the hand if it gets in the way.

The game is in GLSL mode by default, but it should work just fine in texture face materials mode.
It’s made with version 2.49 Download: http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/3/14/2363534/solitaire.blend

ExtraMedicated:
Wonderful game. I like it.

Regards

I like it. i would like to see it so once you have gone through the deck you can have the cards re-stacked while still in the same game to give a better chance of winning. that’s the way windows has it’s solitaire.
Also you should have the option changes the ability to save so when starting the blend again don’t have to reset the color of the board or card faces, etc. I think it 's a great job. well done

digiman

The games is very good congratulations, I love it!

i would like to see it so once you have gone through the deck you can have the cards re-stacked while still in the same game to give a better chance of winning.
You mean like, when you click on the empty space where the cards were, the cards are turned over? Try clicking the spot. It should work, I just didn’t mark the spot.

Or did you mean restarting the game with the cards in the same order?

Also you should have the option changes the ability to save so when starting the blend again don’t have to reset the color of the board or card faces, etc.
I already tried to save data with the save/load globalDict actuator thing but I got this error:
Error, GameLogic.globalDict could not be marshal’d
Warning: could not create marshal buffer
So instead, I just made it easier to change the default options in the code.

Thanks to all of you for the kind words!

Looks good, I’ll give it a try.

Would make a good web game :wink: Looks great! I would put about 2x more detail into the hands though. Maybe give it a level 1 subsurf (and apply it)

i get a seg fault when i try to open it? in 2.49 and 2.56, anyone seen this at all?

Ubuntu 10.04, no troubles with other blends previously.

saeblunder Works with 2.49, not 2.5. Am also on Ubuntu 10.04 but not getting segfaults. Am using the download from blender.org version (not some premade Ubuntu version).

Really like this game. Even shuffles the deck each time a new game is played. Very nice work.

I’m glad you all like it.

Would make a good web game

I tried running it in Firefox with the Burster plugin, but for some reason, the cursor moved way to slow while holding a card.

i get a seg fault when i try to open it?

When you open the blend, or start the game?
I don’t know what part of my code (or the rest of the file) could cause a segfault… I don’t think I used pointers or anything (Does python even have pointers like in c++?). Could the file be corrupt?

is there a difference between python2.5 or python2.6 tarball on the blender.org site, beyond the obvious
(or is there one i should choose over the other, for the sole purpose of getting this to work!)

I think I have python2.5 installed, but I don’t know if it would make a difference. I’m going to install a newer version of python and see what happens.

I have a slightly modified version of the blend file. It’s in texture face materials mode and it is also uncompressed. If it still doesn’t work, maybe I could delete some stuff and make it simpler. If you can’t play it though, don’t worry, you’re not missing much. It’s just solitaire.
http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/3/14/2363534//solitaireEdited.blend

It’s a good version of Solitaire though, although imo seems to be set pretty hard; I lose a lot more than win. When you do win, it even gives how long the game played.

i was highly curious about this because i had started thinking about how to implement a card game in blender, so it piqued my interest was all :wink:

[edit] even your editted version seg faults, i’ll just have to try it on another machine… thanks for trying EM.

Just a little update… I made a few improvements:

You can now change the options (except draw number) without restarting the scene.
I added a timer that you can see while playing. It can also be hidden.
I improved the hand a bit.

I got another update:
Now you can undo the last move with ctrl+z or U. You can only undo one move though, and you can’t undo flipping a card, so don’t rely on it too much. Also I didn’t test it as much as I have before, so let me know if if breaks.

I have already added an alpha channel to the cards in the last update but it only works with GLSL mode. If you can’t use GLSL mode, you need to set the alpha level on the decks to 1. They are on layer 2.

nice updation…u knw i daily play this…

Wow! I really liked this one! :RocknRoll:

I really like Solitaire. And i have no words for it.