Solutions to common problems

allready know it, it was my driver.
he just needed an update :stuck_out_tongue:

grtz

My animations pause after reaching the “End Frame.” When I press Alt-A, it gets to whatever the end frame is set to and then pauses before looping. Help is appreciated! It’s driving me insane and is making it hard to animate loops.

i have 64 bit vista. i am running blender 2.49a 32 bit because i couldnt get 64 bit to work. whenever i open a menu and then move away from the menu to make it go away, it leaves a black box where the menu once was. what is the problem?

I have a problem with the buttons window. When I load some work that i done earlier, it doesn’t show up. And I can’t expand other areas. Help? I am on a 56k modem (yes, still) so I couldn’t search the threads for answer. I hope you don’t mind

Im have problem with Outliner menu - there is empty name fields, but visibility and etc icon is visible. Tried to run blender of different versions on different operating systems and computers (with fully different configurations):
-Windows XP sp2 - Blender 2.49a
-Windows Vista Home - Blender 2.49a
-Debian 5.02 Lenny - Blender 2.46 from Repos
Everywhere the problem repeats.
I apologize if the problem is well known, but I could not find any information

Is it that you switch to the outliner but the icons/items that are supposed to be there on the left aren’t there? Seems like a bug, I have that happening, too. Just slide the split-line to the left a bit and they’ll appear. Quite annoying, though.

Hey, I was running through the tutorial and got to selection (B-key).
I am using version 2.49b on Windows Vista, with a Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family (no clue what that means)

When I turn on the “Occlude Background Geometry” button Blender seems to freak out. The viewing screen goes black whenever I take my mouse off it, and if I press B-Key (or BB), the screen goes black until I RMB or ESC. (Which, of course, exits the select mode). I cannot see what I’m selecting.
So any help would be appreciated. =)

EDIT: Actually it seems to happen when I try ANY selection technique. With individual selection (one by one) it is fine in between selections, but I don’t want to have to do that ALL the time.

:eek:
Hmmm… it makes no sense and I don’t get it. It seems to me like SpamBot sentence.
Can Admin check this out?

EDIT
I think Admin should remove my post - now it looks very off topic. :wink:

Hi
Thank you so much it’s make me happy. because after this script i can develop a new something.

Thanks
Regards

need help!!!
when i start blender it says import site failed use -v for tracebook
no installed python found only built in module are avilable.
if someone can help me that would be great

It also says “Continuing happily”. You only need to install Python when you start using (complex) external scripts. All the internal Python scripts are handled by Blender’s own built-in Python appi.

%<

help!!

i can’t seem to load pictures into blender
any suggesten

Please help !
I have winxp, blender 2.49b, python 2.6.4
When i try to run , it says: compiled with py 2.6.2
checking installed py… got it

And after that nothing happens.

You mean only the console window opens? No Blender? In the bottom panel (tray area) of the screen there should be two instances of Blender.

%<

Yes, only the consol opens. On the tray is only one. I deleted Blender and reinstalled it, but nothing changed.

HI this is my first time on the forum or in that fact on any forum.
I have a Macbook Intel Core 2 Duo with 2 gigs of ram (if that helps). I downloaded Blender 2.49 from the official site. I also have Python 2.6.4 . Anyway when i run blender and move the mouse around the screen the screen flashes almost at random (not entirely sure). When I for example press b key once and twice the the Y and X lines flash when I move it. Same with the b key (twice) circle highlight/select. But at the same time it will still run ok. could somebody tell me what the problem maybe? would you need further information?

In addition when i remove and object it registers as gone but every time i click in 3d view it will flash. so i guess everything flashes

@z3r0 d:
Made my registration just to thank you for the valuable help

Other Graphic Solutions
On some systems OpenGL acceleration is very sensitive to color depth. Blender usually preforms best at 16 bit or “High color.” This can be changed in the display properties in the control panel (in windows). Sometimes blender runs better in 24 or 32 bit “High Color.”

In linux making the change is specific to your linux distribution.

Some users have reported that turning off antialiasing in their card’s advanced properties (on the settings tab of the display properties in the control panel) will fix some major graphics glitches. (Blender is kind of ghosted instead of how it should look)

I am running Blender 2.49b on Windows 7, with the infamous Intel 965 Graphics for Mobile (X3100). I’ve been searching for quite a while for a solution to the invisible box selection and other minor but really annoying troubles blender has on this chipset. But anywhere you look, people ask you to update the video driver. And it didn’t help in this case. Couldn’t ever imagine the solution was this much easy. Once again, thanks a lot.

EDIT: Just managed to find another solution that may help whoever gets all that annoying issues with Intel 965 Graphics for Mobile (X3100); on Windows 7, turn the visual style to the classic windows theme (I don’t know if it’s the exact name, as long as my windows is in portuguese). This fixes both the troubles in Blender 2.49b and brings back the button icons ons Blender 2.5. The only thing you still can’t do is closing the render window on 2.49b, because it still freezes up blender.

In some tutorials and screenshots of people’s work, they have multiple viewports all with different shading/modes. I know how to get the multi windows, but not the multi VP setting.

Ie, i’d like my main window to be in edit mode, normal shading; then another window, in object mode, shaded.

does any one know how to get the box or circle ob the b edit mode?

I have Ubuntu Linux 9.04, running Blender 2.49b. It has been working fine until a day or two ago, and now it just flashes and nothing happens. I ran it from the console to see if I could sort out what’s going and got the following message:

robyn@robyn-Asus:~$ blender
Compiled with Python version 2.6.2.
Checking for installed Python… got it!
ERROR: Unable to open Blender window
robyn@robyn-Asus:~$

Anyone have any clues?

BTW, I also have the 2.5x beta version installed on this system… it won’t open either.