(SOLVED) Blender 2.8 How to enable Left Mouse box select on old project

Hello everyone

I noticed with some of the recent Blender versions, I can now box select by just dragging the left mouse button which is absolutely wonderful. (I’m using right-click select).

I’m currently working on two projects, one which is less than three weeks old and one from March.
I can left mouse box select with the newer project but not with the old one. Both projects has been made with 2.8 versions which were released at those times.

I already found a solution by appending the old project to a brand new work file. This is somewhat of a tedious procedure and all organized collections end up in one mess and there is a lot of work to re-organize it. I was hoping to enable Left Mouse box select by some other means.

After some research, it seems this function is not part of Preferences but a part of the project itself. Resetting Preferences to default did not enable the function but resetting the whole project to default did.

Any help or tips on the problem would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Curious, that sounds like a bug because I don’t know where that would get saved in the .blend offhand.

If you do File->Open… and uncheck the Load UI box does that work?

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply.

YES! Opening the project with “Load UI” unchecked does solve the problem.
I saved the project and when I open it again the function is there.

Yes, it does sound like a bug. Strange it seems to be related to the project itself and not Preferences, though.