/ my first post here, so big HI to all of you /
I try to distribute lights (suns) along curve and target all lights to Empty object.
I was able to achieve that that way:
- create Curve (Path) with first point in 0,0,0
- create Sun, clear location and rotation
- parent Sun to path using ‘Follow Path’ (not ‘Follow Path’ constrain)
- create Empty and constrain Sun to that Empty (Track To), along -Z, up Y
- in Sun object panel change Instancing to Frame and disable Speed
It was it. I was able to move Empty and all Suns pointed to that Empty. I was able to change amount of Suns by changing amount of frames.
Since february, when Frame instancing was removed from 2.8 I’m stucked. I get it, that functions is some kind wired. I found it here:
All combination with Array and Curve modifiers generates parallel rays when I try to point them all to one target point. I tried with distributing Collections containing Sun, using Face and Verts instancing but same problems.
Can I make it using other way? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance…