[SOLVED] Pole Target Causes Bad Deformation

Hi,
I’m just getting into modelling and animating, and I am having a major issue here.

Basically my mesh rolls inside itself when I parent the mesh to my armature. Here are some screenshots:

Here is the bone in edit mode, aligned perfectly.

Here is the bone in Object mode, twisted to face the pole targets.

Unrigged Mesh (Behind)

Here is the Mesh after it has been automatically weighted:

Another view:

Posed view:

I know I will have to edit the default weight painting, but everything I have tried has caused issues. I even added more geometry and I’m still having issues.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Ah, you mean that crease in back of the skirt?

First, make sure your mesh normals face properly. Ctrl+n with the model selected and in edit mode should fix any misdirected normals.

Second, check that only the bones you want to deform the mesh are checked ‘deform’ bones. Uncheck the helper bones like IK and Pole Target and root bones.

Finally, if you still have problems, post the blend, either here or at pasteall.org.

All that has been done, but I’ve attached the model below. I have noticed that moving the Pole Target bones affects the crease, but they almost have to be switched to opposite sides for the crease to stop happening. Thanks for the reply

EDIT:
Removed Model

go to pose mode, in the view port click on Ctr+A and pick Apply pose as rest pose. that should fix your problem!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THA… one eternity later THANK YOU!

my pleasure! :slight_smile: