Some advice needed for cracking a hard nut..

I’m currently practicing Blender with the use of a tutorial and try to use the Remove Doubles function with my subdivided box model selected. However, after I use it I find out it hasn’t removed anything and always shows “0 vertices removed”, no matter what I select. What does this mean? Did I mess up in something? I doubt the problem is in the program(it’s usually in the user). Some advice for a noob reguested.

One more thing. I have trouble figuring out how to change the wireframe to the subsurf shape. The modifier does appear, but the original box wireframe remains the same in edit mode. What should I do(don’t ask, I still have much to learn)?

change the slider by the remove doubles button to a higher value in the edit buttons, it usually says 0.001 by default.

PS: wrong forum

It will only remove vertices if there are 2 in the same place (or very close).

One more thing. I have trouble figuring out how to change the wireframe to the subsurf shape. The modifier does appear, but the original box wireframe remains the same in edit mode. What should I do(don’t ask, I still have much to learn)?

The editing cage is normally the shape you set it, and you can see the subsurf shape ‘underneath’ it. Some people prefer it this way, but if you prefer to see the vertices on the mesh itself, then look at the modifier. There are 3 buttons in a row, then a blank one, then the up+down ones. Click the blank one, that will do it.

Thanks man!

Oh, and sorry about posting this in the wrong place(should have posted in the Modeling board instead).