some art festival intro pics

@ndy, I just loved the look of this intro anim on the reel. Fantastic animation, as usual from you.

Again, my apologies for not getting those buildings done dude, but you know the reason why.

BgDM

man, I have to say, your rock formations are the greatest.
and lighting was superb too, again.

good work.

.b

Heheh, I’ve already said that rocks in Amsterdam!

And big screen is big screen!

WOW

Stefano

oh… one thing i have to add: blending on ton’s brand new G5 was a pleasure!! :smiley:
such a big screen! :o

Loved the animation! You’re amazing in lighting and rendering… you should seriously consider persuing a career in this. Modelling was great too, although I thought Ton was a bit too “simple”. I wasn’t really a fan of the character animation eather, but hey, you can’t be the best in blender on every single field, right? :wink:

great job

• Bentagon

Can’t see artintro2.jpg and artintro5.jpg

Hey @ndy! Great stuff with this animation. What I found most impressive, actually, was the lighting. It had a lot of that “glowy” feel to it which makes so many of Venomgfx’s works look so brilliant.

I saw you reply to one of his works with

And you weren’t the only one to make such a comment. Eventually venomgfx replied with

oh no, this is an old character, when i made it, Ramps did not exist yet…
and a blend texture? neither! is only a simple material without textures! :smiley:

All that effect is made by the Area Lights… time ago, i made this tutorial:
http://www.venomgfx.com.ar/tutos/falloff/
in spanish only :expressionless: [/quote]

Which makes me wonder… did you take a lesson from venomgfx’s tutorial, or did you use ramp shaders to achieve that effect? I’d love to find out.

I downloaded the movie from your website; I’m amazed!

Although some textures were a bit low-res and some models a bit low-poly (but that’s what I expect from a complete animation) I like the concept. Funny that the movie doesn’t show De Waal’s surroundings. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think no one has ever rendered Suzanne like you did. Great job.

Forgot to say that your movie editing is pretty cool… Like sudden-movements, and camera shaking. :wink:

Amazing :smiley:
2 hours to download (gooo dial-up!),
But was worth every minute of eating candy :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmm… after watching the animation, then looking at your screens, where was ‘Evil Ton’, and the pictures on the wall…

The sound was great, too, who did it, you?(wow, what a pun :wink: )

Plz excuse me for my ignorance, but where is the link for it?!?!

I downloaded the dvd ISO and wacth it on T.V. I’ve always liked your stills
now seeing your work in motion is very impressive,your at the the top of your game.Take a bow @ndy.

P.S. props on the 3d Ton.

@ndy, amazing work as usual.
I thought it was a bit too short, but on the other hand it seems that every scene is a start of a whole, singular animation by itself.

Lots of great ideas, loved ton (which I saw in actual motion only afterwards… and looked very familiar from somewhere), the mechanical beings and suzanne as a rock.

Keep on the good work, I can’t wait till blendercon 2005…

oh almost forgot that one.
that’s how my workspace looked like after 3 months of intensive no-sleep, no-cleanup and infinite-lazyness :wink:

http://www.artificial3d.com/images/artintro/finito.jpg

around 2:00 in the morning, 5 mins before the final render had finished, 3 hours before i went out for the conference…

uh… and it still looks like that [worse actually] should really clean up this damn place! :expressionless:

oh by the way… if you download the anim from my site, and it takes you 2 hours on dialup, and you’re missing all the stuff from the screens, and you wonder why it says “art festival 03” you’ll be most likely watching the intro from last year [hint hint Lick and O] :stuck_out_tongue:

.andy

nice workspace. :stuck_out_tongue: .

and mindfields and the intro of the 2003 bc isnt that bad :wink: . i still have to get someone to torrent the intro of this year and burn it on dvd.

:o
HOW?

PS: Are that DidgereeDoo’s(spelling)?

yeah I saw the same thing, didgeridoos! (mine is made of PVC hehehe).
I also noticed the fan blowing on the computer case.

@ndy, we should get some G5´s uh ? :smiley:

@ndy wrote:
oh by the way… if you download the anim from my site, and it takes you 2 hours on dialup, and you’re missing all the stuff from the screens, and you wonder why it says “art festival 03” you’ll be most likely watching the intro from last year [hint hint Lick and O]

Oh crap! LOL
'03!!!

Fonix Wircs wrote:
Plz excuse me for my ignorance, but where is the link for it?!?!

Damn, now I’m ignorant, too :stuck_out_tongue:

cool
can u make a tutorial on how u did the landscape?

www.blender.jp