Some interior scenes...

skypa - yeah it looks kinda dreamy like that, but I want it covered in shaggy tufts of hair!

I got my fur on as short as can be, the strand is at max width at the bottom

Got a blend texture mapped UV/ZZZ to alpha to make each particle side transparent and a voronoi texture to create ‘strand’ like surface on the particles with partial transparency - so you can see hairs below ‘between’ the hairs (textured hairs on each particle surface that is)… But for some reason its more splotchy than liney… it all looks more like sand than shaggy mane… .hm go figure. The battle continues!

If anyone has any ideas, I could use some help…

Attachments

It looks like the moss that grows on the forest floors!

Not a shaggy wavy faux fur… :mad: :confused:

Attachments

Note to self: solution to realistic discoball mini-mirror effect in this post http://blenderartists.org/forum/showpost.php?p=677550&postcount=778

Some concrete scenes for testing textures and lighting.

Concrete is ok, granite cube is ok, but asphalt gives me probs

Attachments

i take it the asphalt is the washed out ball. (if thats not the case please ignore) You should be able to turn down your refectivity, and turn up your hardness. That should fis the problem. For ashphalt you can probably get rid of specularity alltogether.

—shamem

Hehe the ball with the bright white burned area is attempt at pearly texture.

In each shot the balls have diff textures, cube is ‘granite’. Its not perfect, the texture size should be larger. Asphalt is on the floor.

Continuing on my search for better materials, I redid the asphalt from scratch. Its mediocre.

I am having problems with texture sizing, I have to use numbers like ‘0.001’ on the texture ‘Noise size’. And I have to start using the node editor thingie.

Crits & ideas welcome. Oh, and its my first render on Blender 2.42a optimized for my processor.

Attachments

ok, i stand corrected

—Shamem

ah, i see what u mean with the ashphalt now. Do u have a normal map on? If you don’t like a precedural texture, if you have a good digital camera, go out and take a picture of some ashphalt, or download some from the net.

—Shamem

Yeah, I have a cam right there. I just want a procedural texture because they can be as good or better.

BUT it seems I cannot achieve the ‘gravel-matrix’ effect of typical asphalt with Voronoi’s… WHICH makes me consider writing a new procedural texture type.

‘Gravel matrix’ means that all the pointy corners of the irregular pieces of stone touch or ‘rest’ on a surface of another piece of stone (as in http://training.ce.washington.edu/WSDOT/Modules/02_pavement_types/Images/main_pictures/dense_vs_sma3.jpg ).

Voronoi is more like a ‘grid’… Worked till 8am on this… Or maybe theres a plugin for this.

try to keep triangle numbers down when making the arc because if you’re subsurfing it’ll cock up

Thanks Aquatic, the arcs are just fine (and the least of my probs). Those arcs have a bit under 20 faces on the inside.side.

See asphalt texture

asphalt texture blend here http://www.4shared.com/file/4353288/46e09f50/asphalt8.html

I have to postpone the texture dev, any help with concrete texture appreciated…

Heres a snap from another project I am working on, Her Hippopotamusness. She’s supposed to look like really fat round human-hippo hybrid. Modeling, want to rig the model and make it dance and test the softbody tools on all the flabber…

Anatomy/Model critz, please.

Attachments

Hippo mama, I think the body is finished aside from some cleaning, hands, legs and head will be done later.

Attachments

Modeled a hippo head and then tweaked it. Just a quick one. Trying to create toony super fat cheek hippo femme. Not happy with the feel of the face, maybe redo the head later.

Next arms, hands & feet.

Not sure when I should stitch it and create an armature? And are there special considerations? I only know modeling and textures so far…

Attachments

“Hey there big boy!”

Appropriate soundtrack: http://www.rathergood.com/hippo/

Attachments

“Stop staring at them!”

Attachments

Almost finished modeling - missing toe- and fingernails, eyes, hairs and the miniskcough sunday dress… Maybe tomorrow

I must say Blenda UI sometimes is quirrrrky as hell! At times you have to try many times before you get it working proper

Attachments

another thing to watch out for when building stuff and merging vertices is interior faces. those play hell with subsurfing and are really annoying to find and kill sometimes.