Some questions about actions and animation using a path

1. Which frames should I use to declare actions? Can I use the same frames for different actions? Can I use the same frames with the animation frames?

2. When I scale a strip in NLA, it scales the action too! How can I avoid that and have the action repeated within the path time length?

3. I can’t understand the using of new stride! What’s the difference to use a bone as a stride instead of a numeric stride?

1. Which frames should I use to declare actions?

If you are going to use the NLA Editor you can start each action at 1.

Can I use the same frames for different actions?

Yes, just add a New action and start at frame 1 again.

Can I use the same frames with the animation frames?

Don’t quite understand but I think it’s answered above.

1. When I scale a strip in NLA, it scales the action too!

Yes, they are the same data just represented differently. You can go back to the Action Editor and select that action and delete it. When you go back to the NLA Editor it will be gone and only the strip will remain.

How can I avoid that and have the action repeated within the path time length?

Duplicate the strip and use the N-tab options to blend them.

1. I can’t understand the using of new stride! What’s the difference to use a bone as a stride instead of a numeric stride?

None of us (except Ton) do either. I suspect that soon there will be more info (as soon a Malefico has finished celebrating!)

%<

Thanks Fligh% always informing. When I scaled a strip in the old animation days what happened to the action was to replicate itself so many times as strip time contains. What is the new way? because this is not happening now. I don’t want to use the repeat button and it seems the only way to do that.

thanks in advance

Stamatis

When I scaled a strip in the old animation days what happened to the action was to replicate itself so many times as strip time contains.

I don’t remember that. A 100 frame strip scaled to 200 frames should spread the same animation over 200 frames and slow it down by half.

%<

Sorry, you’re right. It was the stride that normalizes the repeatition in the old files that still work with 2.40. But I think we have to go with bone stride from now on or the old way doesn"t work in new created files.