Some questions about my kitchen

Hello there,

I am making a kitchen in blender and I am going pretty good, but I ran into some problems. The first thing that happened was that suddenly a part of my sink was gone. Luckily I got it in a previous version(saved a lot). So now i got a kitchen with some things added to it, but with a missing part and i got a kitchen without additional things added to it with the missing part. So my question is: What is the easiest way to move the missing part to the other blend file, so that my kitchen is complete with everything in it?

Second problem i ran into is that i have to zoom in like an hour before i see my model. My model isn’t miniscule, because it’s the size of the gridfloor. The problem with all the zooming in is that i can’t zoom in further to adjust details in my kitchen. I have to size everything up like 100x and then adjust it, then make it 100 times smaller and place it. This isn’t that handy + the problem keeps getting worse. Can’t even come close enough to get to the bigger details…

Third problem -> I want to subsurf something, but not everything from that model. How can I make sure it only does 1 part of the object? I know you can make 2 objects and then subsurf 1 and don’t subsurf the other, but thats kinda clumpsy.

I Really hope you guys can help me with this.

Gekke Pop

EDIT: This is in version 2.53 of blender, in case that helps

So my question is: What is the easiest way to move the missing part to the other blend file, so that my kitchen is complete with everything in it?

Append objects between different blend files with Shift+F1 http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Manual/Data_System/Linked_Libraries

Third problem -> I want to subsurf something, but not everything from that model. How can I make sure it only does 1 part of the object? I know you can make 2 objects and then subsurf 1 and don’t subsurf the other, but thats kinda clumpsy.

You cant subsurf part of an object, its the whole object or nothing.

Thank you very much, Shift F1 works, was kinda confused with all the things to chose from, but i chose the cylinder and I had it:D.

EDIT:

I just found out that when you select the part you want subsurfed and press P you can make the selected part a different object. This is way easier than modeling everything apart, just make 1 big model than split them apart into different objects.