Some Star Trek Inspired Ship WIP's

Just started working with blender a few days ago, and I wanted to get some input on some of my stuff. I’ve been working off of some reference images from the-blueprints.com, where I snagged a bunch of Star Trek blueprints.

So, I modeled out the Type 3 Shuttle, Arcadia Class Shuttle Carrier, and Halberd Frigate.

I diffuse materialed the shuttle, and while it looks good in the render (with edge postprocess) it still looks too smooth and not edgy enough. Was hoping to get some advice on how to get that fixed, and maybe some suggestions how to emphasize the edges.

I’m also having some trouble with basic texturing. I understand unwrapping and such, but I guess I can’t really figure out a good technique for texturing these.

Anyhow, here are the pictures. Any input is welcome. Thanks! :slight_smile:

May not look like a lot, but I did some edits to the shuttle carrier and added some basic diffuse materials to give the impression on what I want for it long term. Having issues with trying to get the vertices aligned on an angle or plane, though. :frowning: I installed the 3d simple align, but I’m not seeing the option anywhere.

Anyhow, here it is.