something to fill the void

i’m home sick, gears of war doesn’t come out till wednesday, & egm with the halo 3 special doesn’t come out till the 14th, i gotta wait till december for zelda to come out 'cuz i’ve got a cube.

to top it off, all the chicks in town had parties today, while i was sick
(i’m not as much of a shut-in as the above paragraph might lead you to believe) and me parents won’t lemme play half life for some reason.

anyone have a solution to the boredom? one that doesn’t cost me money?

Dunno if you like text-based games, but you might try Gearhead, a great Roguelike or try these text-based games, including many of the classics
Have fun! :slight_smile:
If you want some broader ideas, see my post below.

Blender!
Play Free Games such as America’s Army or Nexuiz!
Pull out a good old favorite game and play it, feel the good memories come back!
Go read Ctrl-Alt-Delete Comic http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/
Read something?
Draw?
Watch some videos on youtube?
Learn some new things in Blender or other software like the Gimp?
Sleep?

outa ideas for now.

You can read a book, poetry.
Or even write a book, songtexts or poetry!
If that’s not your thing, make a little game!
And why not just go out and meet people?
Or how about learning a new skill like cooking, mixing cocktails, arching, horseriding…
Really, there is always something to do!

If you have a computer and highspeed internet, you cannot get bored.:slight_smile:
Do some exercize, it’ll improve your mood and help you body fight off the sickness, nothing strenuous, just jumping jacks and a few pushups.

Get saved (you asked for it by the “fill void” title :slight_smile: ) Believe in Jesus, eternal life is pretty inspiring!

play an old game like mario bros or something that you had a lot of fun with as a kid.

Do something nice for someone. It’ll take your mind of youself and also give you a sense of worth.

Read forum topics till you are bored :slight_smile:

Uhhhhhh, Blender?

Both Final Fantasy XII and Neverwinter Nights 2 just came out.

If you’re homesick, you are obviously not at home. How can your parents stop you from playing certain games then??

Heh, kids today.

You have the world right there at your fingertips and your still bored. That’s just f***ing amazing.

Download and install ubuntu. Or try out a Knoppix liveDVD. Lots of free games and other free stuff. You might even learn something. (oh yes… I said the “L” word)

You have the world right there at your fingertips and your still bored. That’s just f***ing amazing.

ain’t it?

Blender!
Play Free Games such as America’s Army or Nexuiz!
Pull out a good old favorite game and play it, feel the good memories come back!
Go read Ctrl-Alt-Delete Comic http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/
Read something?
Draw?
Watch some videos on youtube?
Learn some new things in Blender or other software like the Gimp?
Sleep?

did 'em all. 'cept blender, gimp and america’s army/nexuiz, cuz me comp lags out on all of 'em ( i can run half life on low settings on a good day.)

anyway, i ended up finding me super mario sunshine disc that i forgot about. she’ll keep me busy for a while. thanks fer the suggestions.

OMFG FFXII is out?
Why did nobody tell me???

Ya it’s a secret. Shhhhhh!

And it’s really good fyi.
NWN2 is good too but really buggy and eats megahertz like candy.