Sometimes the Worst Nighmares happen when you are awake!

Actually that is the monitor they gave us, and I already knew about starchy foods being more of a problem. And oddly enough my daughter loves raw veggies. She never was an overly big eater of candy and such, although that may be because this mommy thinks there are better snacks than candy and cookies all the time, I always used them for special occasions.

Thankyou for the info though, I appreciate all the help and good wishes that have been posted here. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I know how it feels to have a child with a sudden medical problem, my son was diagnosed with asthma when he was 7 months old. He had been sick for about a month. On Thanksgiving Day we took him to the ER, they gave him a breathing treatment, said he had a small upper resportary infection. For the next 4 weeks every Monday he had a Dr. appt with his regular Dr. and he just kept getting worse. The last appt the Dr. said we had to get him to the hospital ASAP. They said he had pnemonia, hipoxia, and annemia, and his oxygen saturation was at about 85, it should be 100. He spent 5 days in the Intinsive care unit. Before he left they gave us so many meds for him, and a breathing machine to give him treatments if he had trouble breathing. The nurse’s there were very helpfull, gave me all the information on giving the treatments, when he needs one, when to bring him to the ER, and how to do the treatments. I know what you mean about measuring right, his treatments take two meds, which has to be carefully measured. One is 1 ml, and the other is 2.5 ml (not alot of stuff, just a few drops)

Up until my son was about 4 we had to fight with him to give him the treatments, he would try to pull the mask off his face. He is 6 now and he just sits there and taps on the nebulizer so he gets all the meds. His asthma doesn’t limit his activaties at all, his isn’t like normal asthma were the lungs close, his lungs get irritated, and produce too much muscus blocking his bronchi tubes.

And I kinda feel your daughters pain about losing sugar, when I was 7 I was in the hospital for cellulitis, and they said my sugar was too high. For six months I was not allowed to have ANY sugar at all. My family has a history of diabeties, (my grandmother is blind because she didn’t listen to her Dr. ) and the Dr.'s were afraid that I may develop it too, to this day I still limit my sugar.

I hope your daughter starts to feel better, and you should know that sometimes life kinda throws you a curve ball, especially when you have kids! Just take it in stride, it may amaze you that your children are better at dealing with things then you give them credit for. :smiley:

You’re right, kids adjust amazingly well to whatever happens.